Marital dispute - please help settle it.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Let me examine this through the looking glass.
Actually, TTLG has weird backwards logic and time dilation and stuff, so maybe Mrs SD was right in that universe.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Sounds like a great weekend.

Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass are fairytales in my estimation. I put Alice totally in the same ballpark as Snow White and Cinderella.

Oh but the narrative structures are so different.
Jim.

First two are fairly standardised absent father evil stepmother hardship tropes , then subsequently 'rescued' by a Prince.

Alice basically just goes off and has some super psychedelic encounters, and larks by herself..

I know which I prefer the sound of :laugh:

Can’t help with the martial dispute but will leave you with the old saying of Happy Wife, Happy Life… your wife is always right. ^_^

I’m looking forward to having some ‘’me’ time in a few years time when my youngest is a bit more independent and doesn’t need me to interact with her as intensely as I currently do. It will also benefit my other two kids.

classic33

Leg End Member
Alice in Wonderland is related to Snow White and or Cinderella how exactly??

I mean ficticous females yes, but then is Huckleberry Finn in the same 'ballpark' as Rumpelstiltskin??
"In Disney's Cinderella and Alice in Wonderland, the same actress played the Fairy Godmother and the Red Queen in both the original animation and the live-action remake: Verna Felton voiced both women in the originals (1950, 1951), while Helena B. Carter played both women in the remakes (2010, 2015)"

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
No, not the same ball park at all.

Cinderella and Snow White were a pair of very early gold diggers, just desperate to bag a wealthy man and live a life of luxury.

Alice was an early crackhead.

Excuse me but SW ran away from a disfunctional family situation and made her way by becoming a housekeeper to seven guys of restricted growth
Upon her poisoning they kept her in a glass box.
She was then apparently resuscitated by a non consensual kiss from a guy she'd never met before.

He persued her.

Cinders just wanted to go out dancing.

Remember it was then the prince who pursued her with the glass slipper .

How does that make either of them 'gold diggers' :blink:?

winjim

Smash the cistern
Excuse me but SW ran away from a disfunctional family situation and made her way by becoming a housekeeper to seven guys of restricted growth
Upon her poisoning they kept her in a glass box.
She was then apparently resuscitated by a non consensual kiss from a guy she'd never met before.

He persued her.

Cinders just wanted to go out dancing.

Remember it was then the prince who pursued her with the glass slipper .

How does that make either of them 'gold diggers' :blink:?
The gold diggers in Cinderella were the sisters, who ended up mutilating their own feet. The vain one in Snow White was the queen, who suffered death by dancing in red hot shoes. I presume all that happened to Alice was she spent the following week with a slight headache and a lingering sense of ennui.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
The gold diggers in Cinderella were the sisters, who ended up mutilating their own feet. The vain one in Snow White was the queen, who suffered death by dancing in red hot shoes. I presume all that happened to Alice was she spent the following week with a slight headache and a lingering sense of ennui.

Indeed ,

.. moral of story.

Don't be too worried about what you look like, nor go mooning about after chaps .

Just get out there do your own thing, and have you're own adventures*..

*Slightly easier now that we've had a few more centuries worth of dismantling the Patriarchy, and established some baseline gender equalities ^_^

Lozz360

Veteran
Personally, I reckon you should drop the house rule of allowing the question “am I in the right ball park?”. The question is open to too much interpretation. Questions like, “am I fictional?” Or “am I a Disney character?” would have no doubt led you to victory.

Top Bottom