Marital dispute - please help settle it.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rikki

Legendary Member
Personally, I reckon you should drop the house rule of allowing the question “am I in the right ball park?”. The question is open to too much interpretation. Questions like, “am I fictional?” Or “am I a Disney character?” would have no doubt led you to victory.
Mickey and Donald are Disney characters. The fictional ladies in question are not.

Mickey and Donald are Disney characters. The fictional ladies in question are not.
Saw a question on reddit the other day, along the lines of "Who outside of the Marvel Universe would be fit to wield Mjolnir?"
My answer was "Thor, because Germanic paganism predates that crap by thousands of years"

Dern corps stealing our cultural heritage *shakes fist*

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Excuse me but SW ran away from a disfunctional family situation and made her way by becoming a housekeeper to seven guys of restricted growth
Upon her poisoning they kept her in a glass box.
She was then apparently resuscitated by a non consensual kiss from a guy she'd never met before.

He persued her.

Cinders just wanted to go out dancing.

Remember it was then the prince who pursued her with the glass slipper .

How does that make either of them 'gold diggers' :blink:?

SW knew exactly what she was doing. She could have gone been housekeeper to three bears, or three little pigs or a wolf who had eaten a grandmother, but oh no, she decided to bunk down with 7 little blokes who ran a goldmine. Then when a better offer came along she feigned sleep and bagged herself a Prince, like an early Lady Di. She definitely knew exactly what she was doing, money grabbing old baggage.

Cinderella? Behave, she also had a game plan. Find a pair of women to live with who looked a pair of smugglers rats. Pretend to be all hard done by, then get herself invited to a party. One Prince there, make a bee-line, play a little hard to get to get the hooks in and bingo. Then be all coy when he rocks up at your house before getting him married in double quick time. An early Kate M I would suggest.

Alice though, completely different. Strong, independent but a bit of a crackhead. Always up for taking on authority, sneering in the face of the rules, doing things her way and a having a laugh. Very much an early Amy Winehouse.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
SW knew exactly what she was doing. She could have gone been housekeeper to three bears, or three little pigs or a wolf who had eaten a grandmother, but oh no, she decided to bunk down with 7 little blokes who ran a goldmine. Then when a better offer came along she feigned sleep and bagged herself a Prince, like an early Lady Di. She definitely knew exactly what she was doing, money grabbing old baggage.

Cinderella? Behave, she also had a game plan. Find a pair of women to live with who looked a pair of smugglers rats. Pretend to be all hard done by, then get herself invited to a party. One Prince there, make a bee-line, play a little hard to get to get the hooks in and bingo. Then be all coy when he rocks up at your house before getting him married in double quick time. An early Kate M I would suggest.

Alice though, completely different. Strong, independent but a bit of a crackhead. Always up for taking on authority, sneering in the face of the rules, doing things her way and a having a laugh. Very much an early Amy Winehouse.

Yeah, I always had a sneaking suspicion that you might be an undercover Express Hack :laugh:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I'm still not sure if I was right or wrong. :laugh:

Maybe we need to avoid cerebral games in future and stick to Naked Twister. :ohmy: :laugh:

Well I would have suggested that but didn't want to come across as disrespectful.

We favour the country version of 'all in mud wrestling' of a Saturday night here on the farmstead..

Fully masked up of course..

Don't want to be taking any risks n all:blush:

Adam4868

Guru
In the Kurt Vonnegut classification of stories there are 6 basic narrative arcs. Do Cinders, Snow White and Alice follow similar ones?

1. Rags to riches – a steady rise from bad to good fortune

2. Riches to rags – a fall from good to bad, a tragedy

3. Icarus – a rise then a fall in fortune

4. Oedipus – a fall, a rise then a fall again

5. Cinderella – rise, fall, rise

6. Man in a hole – fall, rise
And so it goes.....

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Personally, I reckon you should drop the house rule of allowing the question “am I in the right ball park?”. The question is open to too much interpretation. Questions like, “am I fictional?” Or “am I a Disney character?” would have no doubt led you to victory.

Quite so, they're fairly basic 'twenty questions' questions.

Although nearly every character in literature seems to have had the Disneyfication treatment, so.it doesn't narrow it down all that much..:sad:

We have plenty of free time and have always been a bit nocturnal but..

... 5 years ago I was mis-diagnosed with a hideous terminal disease (took ages to rule it out) which refocused our lives and we decided, amongst other things, that Saturday night would be party night every week in our house as life is so damn short. I'm 65 and Mrs SD is 58 so we are heading into the back end of life so to speak.

We kick off around 6 or 7pm Saturday and run through to 5 to 7am Sunday morning. Probably only missed a couple of handfuls of nights in all that time - illness, friends visiting etc.

We play games, listen to lots of loud music, dance (her great, me crap but I try), put the world to rights and generally chew the cud plus some lovey-dovey stuff. In short we have an absolute blast.

Sunday is a recovery day and we just doss, have a big brekkie, hit the sack early and have a 'Kindle & Cuddle' night, as we call them, to recharge.

Most of our friends think we are mad!

No "other assistance" just gin/wine/fizz and sausages! ^_^
What a great way to live. I'm well jealous.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
If you are single, you have no idea what you are talking about. Those who are lucky enough not to be single. Know for sure the other half us never wrong .:laugh::laugh:

Yup too right..

Wouldn't want to get into any bother by having contrary opinions , i've heard how that can get a 'bit sketchy' at times.

Top Bottom