Meaningless marketing jargon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Legendary Member
"Never knowingly undersold!"

They can charge as much as they like, but if you notice it cheaper somewhere else, they condescend to 'reduce' their massive profit margins down to normal to sell you something for the same price as everyone else charges... please go to the other place to buy it!

If you're referiref to the department store, I have to defend them because they do check prices in the local area to ensure they are not beaten. At least in the old times they, I think now they look at the major website only retailers too.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Northern Railway: To help make the North a better place to live and work we are committed to: Delivering better journeys(1), with new trains(2) and improved stations(3). Improving customer service, with more people to help you on your journey(4). Keeping our customers safe and secure - day and night.

To clarify:
(1) - we've changed the timetable so you can't get a through train to / from work any more adding extra time to your commute.
(2) - new trains sat in sidings as they don't actually work so you're stuck with the Pacers for at least the rest of this year, despite a promise they'd be gone by the end of 2018
(3) - lots of artists impressions of what the stations might look like at some unspecified point in the future
(4) - more Revenue Protection Officers at the station exits

Northern Railway: To help make the North a better place to live and work we are committed to: Delivering better journeys(1), with new trains(2) and improved stations(3). Improving customer service, with more people to help you on your journey(4). Keeping our customers safe and secure - day and night.

To clarify:
(1) - we've changed the timetable so you can't get a through train to / from work any more adding extra time to your commute.
(2) - new trains sat in sidings as they don't actually work so you're stuck with the Pacers for at least the rest of this year, despite a promise they'd be gone by the end of 2018
(3) - lots of artists impressions of what the stations might look like at some unspecified point in the future
I am with you ...apart from the fact i can get from Chester to Liverpool for £5 return. Southerners would kill for that.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I am with you ...apart from the fact i can get from Chester to Liverpool for £5 return. Southerners would kill for that.

Southerners don’t want to go to Chester or Liverpool.

tom73

Guru

To clarify:

Not forgetting that many platforms are too short of the new trains anyway. So only be able to get off from the middle of train. If you miss your stop as you battle though at rush hour to get to open doors. Well tuff that how it is.

classic33

Leg End Member
Not forgetting that many platforms are too short of the new trains anyway. So only be able to get off from the middle of train. If you miss your stop as you battle though at rush hour to get to open doors. Well tuff that how it is.
And if the train overshoots, the new rolling stock, now being trialled, doesn't allow the driver to over-ride the train.

Top Bottom