Media coverage of Prince Phillips passing.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Your schedule is governed by what's on BBC One and BBC Two?

Not at all, on and I didn't say that either. I did have plans to watch a couple of things on them though. Do you think this is the right approach from the BBC ?

Reactions: C R

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
... Are you from Mars..?😆😆
It's wall-to-effing-wall on the MBC too, I bet!

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Its the British way - there is nothing new to add for the present time, so prattle on like a twit and talk meaningless pollocks.

The public neither like nor want this interminable padding, so its a mystery as to why the broadcast media insist upon doing it.

perhaps... because they are totally out of touch with public opinion?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Its the British way - there is nothing new to add for the present time, so prattle on like a twit and talk meaningless pollocks.

The public neither like nor want this interminable padding, so its a mystery as to why the broadcast media insist upon doing it.

'Phil is dead' might be all some want to know, but the story is genuinely taken on by reporting reaction, essentially tributes in the case of a death, and proposed memorial and funeral arrangements.

The latter is especially pertinent in this case because of Covid.

No condolence books at Royal palaces and please don't gather and lay flowers being just two examples of important news which cannot be included in the first 'he's carked it' report because those announcements were yet to be made.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
What? Prince Philip died? Who knew? If only it had been covered.
Actually, we didn’t find out until wife telephoned daughter number 2 to enquire on the progress of her window replacement. That was at 14:00 today, now, we cannot escape it. May have to TALK to each other this evening! 😊

• Wow
Reactions: C R
Top Bottom