Media coverage of Prince Phillips passing.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Oh. My. God.

They've cancelled Corrie!

I could understand this if the news were announced at 1930hrs, but it wasn't. They've cancelled Corrie so we can watch Phlip Schofield talk meaningless bollards and tell us no news whatsoever.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
BBC 4 is not programming.

Meanwhile Channel 5 has unprecedented viewing figures I expect

sleuthey

Legendary Member
On a serious note I’m trying to figure out the benefit of it being on 1 and 2. Only thing I can think of is that in some parts of the country with poor reception perhaps some households can receive one and not the other. Would be interested to know if any CCers have this issue.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Some quite soothing piano music on Radio 6 right now.
Yes I've been enjoying the ambient vibe too, very soothing.. :okay:

I've only just realised why they're doing it though. :angel:
I could only stand about five minutes of it.

Listening to the Radio 4 version of Children of the Stones instead, and might watch the original TV series later too :okay:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I could only stand about five minutes of it.

Listening to the Radio 4 version of Children of the Stones instead, and might watch the original TV series later too :okay:

'Thelma and Louise*' later after pizza.

Astonishingly my young German friend has never seen it :eek:

*I'm sure it's what Phil would have wanted :wacko:

Mike_P

Guru
Was the same when Diana died and it was less multi channel then, think I put Lazer 558 on or something similar. Anyway recorded the afternoons cycling on E1 so an evening with Carlton:crazy:

Joffey

Big Dosser
Ridiculous, BBC one and two broadcasting a four hour Philip special, the exact same programme at the exact same time and it's being repeated until breakfast time tomorrow on both channels. That's complete overkill. Where's the balance, lots will want to watch it, lots won't.
I don't like being shovel fed stuff in this manner. BBC radio is the same. No other news on the world at one, same on pm and I'll bet the guests on any questions tonight are not the original panel. ITV have done the same. At least channel four still have normal schedule programmes with a few Philip specials thrown in.

Yes it's sad, he was a seemingly decent man but it's not going to affect me in any way other than the fawning media coverage wrecking my schedule.
It certainly deserves a lot of attention and broadcasting but this is ridiculous.

Off with you head!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I've been watching Sophie Raworth, dressed in black, interviewing several guests all in the same colour.

That aside, there's been some good tails from the likes of Penelope Keith, Prue Leith, a former equerry, and an ex-con who benefited from the awards scheme.

It's rather like a Duke of Edinburgh themed edition of Parkinson.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Even Bill Nighy looks appealing at present.
I’ve met Bill Nighy (as this is in general chat, it was at a get-together of many many people in London to object to a particular government policy around membership of a large trading bloc). Very friendly. Fantastic shoes.

Top Bottom