Media coverage of Prince Phillips passing.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Agree with virtually all of this. What a bizarre, weird country we live in when the four main TV channels have wall to wall coverage of the death of a privileged man. An hour's documentary would be overkill, this is embarrassing.

I don't think it should be given any more attention than the death of any other person. How many people die as a result of inequality and a hundred other things that coverage shining a light could help us do something about? But no, we're fed this guff by the establishment to keep us in thrall to the elite and as if they're some special, virtuous breed.

Anyone outside of his family/friends who are upset or bothered about this (other than feeling a bit sorry for the queen and his family) are just plain weird.

I remember following Princess Diana's death that if you weren't dressed in widow's weeds and showing how upset you were 24/7 you were made to feel like some sort of pariah.

The fawning, sycophantic, insanely over the top coverage is nauseating, repulsive, vile. I'm not watching, listening or reading the news for at least a fortnight. And I've cancelled my TV licence.

I'm not against a high level of coverage as it is of interest, to some more than others. My beef is with the wall to wall, you will see and hear of nothing else type coverage. It's really not that important to many.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Anyone else getting this ad?

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
And you base that assertion on what, exactly?

Talking to people. Public opinions are not hard to assess through many means.

Do you think it is important to everybody? Or should be?

Talking to people. Public opinions are not hard to assess through many means.

Do you think it is important to everybody?

I'm really not quite sure why some people do this. "It's not important to many" was your assertion. Which you now portray as "it's not important to everybody". Do you not understand the difference? Or do you think I wouldn't notice?

And no, I recognise that the people I talk to are not necessarily a representative cross-section of the population, so I don't base my opinion of what the public thinks on such conversations.

Chris S

Legendary Member
The BBC have suspended programs on BBC4 as well. There's just a message on the screen saying to turn over to BBC1 for a major news story. There was no need for that.
Really, that's a disgrace. Are they chasing record viewing stats of something. Just checked to see for myself. Really no need for that.
"You can have it in any colour you want as long as it's black."
It's like the enforced morning they have in North Korea.

Top Bottom