Media coverage of Prince Phillips passing.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I watched the procession.

They were knee deep in Rolls Royces and Bentleys, and all our servicemen in their dress uniforms made an impressive sight.

Harry and William walked apart, separated, I think, by one of the Kraut noblemen.

Presumably it was thought he could pull on sufficiently if the pair of them started scrapping.
I was wondering who was going to carry the spare wheel for the Land Rover.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Slow day on the Dark side?
That's a bit of an unkind way to talk about the Retirement Thread IMO.

Tribansman

Veteran
Then there was his role in the founding of the Worldwide Wildlife Fund in the early 60s.

Still, I'm pleased to see the commies at the Morning Star are still in there jabbing.
If by jabbing you mean facts that contradict the servile, fawning narrative then yeah, I agree 👍

As for helping to fund the WWF, that's great, but a lover of the natural world and its wildlife is a hypocrite if they indulge their passion for shooting and hunting, including endangered species

As for helping to fund the WWF, that's great, but a lover of the natural world and its wildlife is a hypocrite if they indulge their passion for shooting and hunting, including endangered species
Some species are kept going with funds that come directly from hunting. It's a complicated business! I don't think Phil was an active hunter of any endangered species for many decades.

(Then there is culling - although one hopes that isn't done to endangered species... )

D

Deleted member 26715

That's a bit of an unkind way to talk about the Retirement Thread IMO.
Wouldn't know I've never looked at it, but heyho, any argument for arguments sake is good right, if you & others get their kicks out of trying to take the piss out of a 99 year old dead man knock yourselves out, hope if makes yo all feel good about yourself.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Some species are kept going with funds that come directly from hunting. It's a complicated business! I don't think Phil was an active hunter of any endangered species for many decades.
I, too, haven't killed a Bengal Tiger for... oooh, must be years now.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Wouldn't know I've never looked at it, but heyho, any argument for arguments sake is good right, if you & others get their kicks out of trying to take the piss out of a 99 year old dead man knock yourselves out, hope if makes yo all feel good about yourself.
LOL.

Adam4868

Guru

(Then there is culling - although one hopes that isn't done to endangered species... )
There's game consoles for people who need to shoot things....don't give me that sh1te it's for the good of the animals🙄

D

Deleted member 26715

Laugh if you wish, but I find it crass, that you & others feel the need to try to get off on insulting the memory of him, I'm sure he wasn't perfect & felt entitled, he's had a good life travelling around the world, but by the same token I bet he met a lot of obnoxious up their own arse people who anybody else would have told them to FRO, but he didn't in the most part. He continued to work into his 90's, every single thing he did was in the spotlight, would you want to do that?

I'm not particularly a royalist, but some of the comments on here are disgraceful, which if said about one of your own relatives who had died, or some Political god that you agree with would have had you & others screaming from the rafters. But Donald Duck it, it's only the Internet you can say what you like.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Why else would a self avowed Royal hater post on here? Never happier than when spouting some bile.

There's game consoles for people who need to shoot things....don't give me that sh1te it's for the good of the animals🙄
Thanks for that. Did you read the Morning Star article linked above? Makes some good points; Prince Andrew brought Epstein to his shooting party events. So I guess everyone there was not only pro killing endangered species, but supporting sex trafficking too. What a revelation, it certainly opened my eyes!

Why else would a self avowed Royal hater post on here? Never happier than when spouting some bile.

I do find it amusing when people like that refer to the life of 'privilege'. I wouldn't swap my life for the one under the spotlight he's had, but beyond that, how many of those people are prepared to give up their own life of privilege, which puts them, and anyone else in this Country better off than over 90% of people on the planet.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Laugh if you wish, but I find it crass, that you & others feel the need to try to get off on insulting the memory of him, I'm sure he wasn't perfect & felt entitled, he's had a good life travelling around the world, but by the same token I bet he met a lot of obnoxious up their own arse people who anybody else would have told them to FRO, but he didn't in the most part. He continued to work into his 90's, every single thing he did was in the spotlight, would you want to do that?

I'm not particularly a royalist, but some of the comments on here are disgraceful, which if said about one of your own relatives who had died, or some Political god that you agree with would have had you & others screaming from the rafters. But Donald Duck it, it's only the Internet you can say what you like.
I guess you didn't see what he said after the murder of sixteen children and a teacher, then? It's included in the article Tribansman linked to upthread.

Maybe you could relax about people who don't share your admiration for the late Duke? And perhaps stop pretending that what he did in his role as consort was 'work'. Being married to a monarch is not a job.

Top Bottom