men on womens bikes, is it ok? (BMC PURE PRO2)

• Thread starter Deleted member 41544
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
according to the bmc catalogue from 2012 its aubergine, i know i must be the only bloke in england with an aubergine bike!
And possibly in the world, as most English speakers call it eggplant.
One of my bikes is white, really hard to keep the frame clean.
£120? If it gets too dirty buy a new one.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 41544

thanks for all the replies,
I know it's an absolute steal. It was the ladies third bike, the front wheel was way out of line and the bar tape torn, seems she needed space so this one went. The wheel has trued up ok and bar tape is a few quid.
Any money would be better spent on a new front wheel or wheelset should it not stay straight. Looks like it had took a fair whack!
Maybe i can find some eggplant finishing kit too

If the bike fits............................... ride it

Planet X used to offer their (was it?)RT58 Carbon frame/forks in pink
If the likes of Wayne Randle, & Spencer Smith could ride them
Boggle Hole. 3.jpg
Like this; http://www.planetx.co.uk/readers-rides/your-ride/q/2630121224_sol-w_pink-panther

I used to have an Orbit America, bought in 1990 (from the legendary 'Two Wheels Good' in Leeds!!), that was pink
And many other colours
It was ideal commuting colours
The image, leaning on the window, was probably the day of purchase
Yes!!, & a pair of those early carbon soled Shimano shoes (piece the size of a matchbox!!)

Orbit. 1.jpg 1990s. Day-Glow Commuting. 1993.jpg

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Let's get this quite clear. A mens' bike has a horizontal crossbar. A ladies' bike has a sloping crossbar. That's how you tell the difference. It's one of the key ways to tell the difference, like the way the buttons go on jackets and whether they wear skirts or trousers. If we start messing around with basic rules like this we are chipping away at the very fabric of humanity.

Tin Pot

Guru
Just picked up a bmc pure pro2 shimano 105 version for the miniscule sum of £120, saw it on shpock and after a little bit of googling decided it was a bmc streetracer painted different.
Does anyone know if this is true?
Its a cracking bike but looks a bit girly!! do I embrace the whiteness or opt for a re-colour?? (probably powdercoat)

This is the colour scheme View attachment 349274

Nice colours...what size is it?

Top Bottom