men on womens bikes, is it ok? (BMC PURE PRO2)

• Thread starter Deleted member 41544
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The most important thing a man should do before getting on a woman's bike, is to make doubly sure she doesn't mind you borrowing it.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Just picked up a bmc pure pro2 shimano 105 version for the miniscule sum of £120, saw it on shpock and after a little bit of googling decided it was a bmc streetracer painted different.
Does anyone know if this is true?
Its a cracking bike but looks a bit girly!! do I embrace the whiteness or opt for a re-colour?? (probably powdercoat)

This is the colour scheme View attachment 349274
I just love that colour scheme, maybe manufacturers are starting to remember how paint works again (Did I say people who produce matt black frames should be lined up against the wall and shot?).

As others have said, if it fits it's perfect. There are no such things as men's or women's bikes, only in the minds of patronising PR departments and the many idiots who class themselves as magazine road testers.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Australians, NZers, Canadians too.

See also zucchini.
In Indian English (a billion potential speakers, of whom more are reasonably proficient than in US, Aus, NZ and Canada put together) it's a Brinjal.

In Indian English (a billion potential speakers, of whom more are reasonably proficient than in US, Aus, NZ and Canada put together) it's a Brinjal.
Yes, I know that - I share my love of the purple fruit with a friend from Kerala. I seriously considered including it, but had no knowledge of whether they used it as a colour.

Eggplant is definitely on colour charts.

5b604078acd919facb90c955a9d0fb30.jpg

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 41544

Dusted damsen. I'll get a photo in good daylight tomorrow. Its not eggplant!

Top Bottom