men on womens bikes, is it ok? (BMC PURE PRO2)

• Thread starter Deleted member 41544
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I've never seen an aubergine that colour. No matter, I really like the bike.

Nothing "girly" about white bikes, plenty of pro tour mens winners have ridden a white steed including Miguel Indurain on his white Pinarello.

Tin Pot

Guru
what specifically female physical characteristics is it designed to, I wonder.

Apparently using a database of metrics on female body measurements, isn't that what we'd want them to do?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 41544

Here is the very bike in question I'm gonna call it brown and white and below are the all important measurements, seem pretty standard for a compact frame. Its a bike for anyone below 5'6"

IMG_0849.JPG
FullSizeRender (6).jpg

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Is browny mauve a colour?
Looks nice enough to me.

If you play rugby league and below 5'6", you must be the hobby one who can run fast? :tongue:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 41544

Is browny mauve a colour?
Looks nice enough to me.

If you play rugby league and below 5'6", you must be the hobby one who can run fast? :tongue:

I could run fast a long time ago, retired now.

Browny muave is a colour, google it and ignore all the lipstick and hair dye and other things that suggest this may or mau not be a girls bike and I think you have it just about spot on

It looks nice and as long as you enjoy riding it thats the main thing, its nothing to do with anyone elce.
Its very obviously a womans bike though from the colour scheme.

Its a womans bike that belongs to a man, still awaiting its maden voyage, but if i'm not pushing avg speeds of 25/26 mph i'm selling it

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Colour isn't gendered, except in people's minds, so it isn't 'obviously' anything of the sort.
and building on your theme...

...the mental association with colour and gender is culturally determined and varies over time. Little boys used to wear pink and girls light blue.

Top Bottom