Michelin Pro 3 Race Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Hmmmm... I quite fancy trying latex tubes, just to see how they ride.

*Nips off to drop a note in Santa's letterbox*

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I did a long ride in absolutely filthy conditions recently, and the Pro 3s were faultless. I guess they're not as durable as some tyres (they are a race tyre after all) but I would have no qualms about riding them in winter.

I had some flinty problems with them last winter-but on top of that they just feel too......nice to be used on anything but clean,dry roads.

And they do sound ace with latex tubes.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
You must be doing something wrong; I've been using Pro 3s for three years or more on the terrible roads we have in the Ribble Valley and Bowland and I've never had one cut up or shred and I don't think I've even had a puncture... no, I'm sure I've never had a puncture.

nope they defo cut up, I`m a good 95kg so you could understand that however my neighbour is very light and his were the same, however they are fast tyres . Will maybe pick up pro4s in new year.

edit the previous versions did not cut up like Pro3's and that is over the same journeys!

OP
OP
Bianchi-67

Bianchi-67

Perhaps rider weight has an affect..I am a big guy 6'4 and i was heavy when i was riding those on my bianchi...i got lots of internal punctures when i went over bumps etc on the rear tyre. Now I have durano fitted to the bianchi and have lost weight no punctures! Having said that since fittting the pro 3's to the hack I have only had one flat on it...hmmm...:wacko:

The pro 3's really do roll nice though...now im thinner i may re fit them on th ebianchi in th esummer and see what happens
Which Bianchi do you ride?

Globalti

Legendary Member
Well I'm still riding the same Pro 3s now as when that discussion started and they're still fine after the winter. I've had one puncture and that was when my front wheel hit a stone in the road square on at 38 going down hill, so my fault.

Since then I've experimented with latex inners - loved them, loved the ride and the sound but gave up in the end as they're just too fragile. Also tried Continental's lightweight race butyl inners, liked them almost as much but also given up as they're prone to getting trapped between the bead and the rim then pushing the rim off and bursting out.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I ride a bianchi c2c alu carb 2010 frame veloce in Celeste green

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Pro4 Service course are on offer at CRC. Having ridden both pro3 and Pro4's at the same price point the Pro4s are better. £47.99 for a pair including lightweight Michelin inners. :thumbsup:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Pro4 Service course are on offer at CRC. Having ridden both pro3 and Pro4's at the same price point the Pro4s are better. £47.99 for a pair including lightweight Michelin inners. :thumbsup:

I ordered a set of these a cpl of weeks ago and have been running them on my good bike with some Latex tubes. Never used Latex or Pro4 before but so far, so good. Seem grippy and not had a sniff of a visitation...

Top Bottom