Middle of Lidl cycling bits March 8th onwards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
The handlebar bag looks like it could actually make a more useful saddlebag if you are using a 3-speed with a sprung saddle designed for fitting a bag to. A bit cheaper than a Carradice! The USB-rechargeable LED lighting set is excellent for the money too, I have these already. I'll be keeping a close eye on Lidl branches for this stuff to appear. Might even push the boat out for a workstand to save having to keep flipping bikes upside down to work on the rotating bits. Nearly got one before but was doubtful if the quality was good enough. Seems like they are OK from other posters comments.

Will get a saddle, maybe, and a track pump definitely. Gave my previous Lidl one to my younger son along with Claud Butler Urraco mtb, whereupon my pump promptly died...
Will check out the star tool set also.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Anyone any experience of the rucksack,

I got a similar one from Lidl last year. Seems decent enough, although I don't use it all the time. I've probably used it more when on foot than on a bike, TBH. I've also got a mini one from Lidl, that was only £2.49, which is useful if you don't need to carry much, as your back doesn't get so sweaty with the smaller version when riding. All Lidl gear is good for what they charge. I've got a set of the panniers too, which are occasionally used to get shopping in. Not proper tourist quality but perfectly adequate for what I need them for.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Cycle Heaven in York had a lightweight shopping bag with pannier rack fixings on the side.

Something like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bike-Pan...170999?hash=item3b2a534637:g:7P4AAOSwQG9dojQo

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The Cycle Heaven ones were more basic, almost like a supermarket bag for life with pannier hooks glued to it.

I can't recall the price.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Im very late to the party but im interested if anyones had a look at them yet

Four to choose from:

Lidl%20Bikepacking%20bags1.jpg

Lidl%20Bikepacking%20bags.jpg

Lidl%20Bikepacking%20bags3.jpg

Lidl%20Evoc%20rip%20off%20back%20pack.jpg

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Got one of the handlebar bags. It comes in two parts, a "sleeve" for carrying it on the bike, and the inner bag which is like a small kit-bag. It attaches to the sleeve by Velcro. You can mount it horizontally if you need all the capacity, but if not carrying much, you can fold up the kit bag and mount it vertically so it doesn't stick out either side.
If you have a traditional sprung saddle like a Brooks, the fixings will attach from the loops or saddle springs, so it will double up as a saddlebag. Very useful for what they cost.

Top Bottom