Middle of Lidl cycling bits March 8th onwards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smudge

Veteran
Not that much!
Branded woodgate reserve. £1.15 for a 500ml bottle of 7.3 per cent. Last year they actually did a weekend half price offer on it :smile: - six bottle limit, i meant to cycle round several local ones but for some odd reason didn't. Don't like any cider I have found in aldi.

Aldi used to do a great cider, Premium Vintage at 7.3 % in 750ml bottles, from Westons cider. It had a great old english cider taste.
Then a couple of years back they changed it to one made by a different supplier. The % has gone down to 6.8 and it doesn't taste anywhere near as good.

johnnyb47

Guru
I bought some new cycling shorts from Lidl yesterday. My old one's are a little thread bare and convinced they've shrunk ( I'm in denial about my weight 🙄)
The new ones seem to be of good quality plenty of undercarriage padding. Well pleased for £7.99

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I think all my cycling shorts are Lidl or Aldi.

One pair has fallen apart, which is disappointing given the limited amount of wear they've had.

I now look out for ones with a blue pad, which I reckon is thicker and better then the grey pad.

I bought some Lidl 3/4 length tights a while ago - grey pad.
Not used much but the other week I used a pair under some lusso bib longs I have acquired which have no pad but just a reinforced double layer bottom. Seemed to work pretty well. Can see me using the combo a fair bit.

So cycling weekly has posh kit for £115. I got middle of Lidl kit for a tenner. Difference will be negligible in tools but pay for 2 services !
IMG_20200313_161508059.jpg

After seeing this thread, I`m just back from my local Lidl as I could do with some new shorts.

They do feel comfy enough but I`m a bit concerned about the padding. I`m going to put this as delicately as I can but when I put them on, the part on my anatomy that is shaped like the Mull of Kintyre has no padding at all, all my other shorts do. Also, rather worryingly, there`s a seam running up that vital area lol

Has anyone worn a pair of these shorts in anger and if so, any feedback?

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Aldi used to do a great cider, Premium Vintage at 7.3 % in 750ml bottles, from Westons cider. It had a great old english cider taste.
Then a couple of years back they changed it to one made by a different supplier. The % has gone down to 6.8 and it doesn't taste anywhere near as good.

They really switched from Westons?? I'll need to pop around and have a look tomorrow.

Smudge

Veteran
They really switched from Westons?? I'll need to pop around and have a look tomorrow.

Yep, the decent cider had a plain black label and the newer, less abv stuff, has a white label with apples on. It isn't as good at all.
In the last few days i've tried the 500ml bottle Woodgate Vintage Reserve in Lidl that Blue Hills mentioned. This is as good as the one Aldi used to do and i think it may even be the same one from Westons.

Venod

Eh up
After seeing this thread, I`m just back from my local Lidl as I could do with some new shorts.

They do feel comfy enough but I`m a bit concerned about the padding. I`m going to put this as delicately as I can but when I put them on, the part on my anatomy that is shaped like the Mull of Kintyre has no padding at all, all my other shorts do. Also, rather worryingly, there`s a seam running up that vital area lol

Has anyone worn a pair of these shorts in anger and if so, any feedback?

You may have some shorts for people with anatomy similar to Coniston water, (using your landscape analogy) check the label.

Yep, the decent cider had a plain black label and the newer, less abv stuff, has a white label with apples on. It isn't as good at all.
In the last few days i've tried the 500ml bottle Woodgate Vintage Reserve in Lidl that Blue Hills mentioned. This is as good as the one Aldi used to do and i think it may even be the same one from Westons.
happy to know I'm not the only one who rates it.
(in case some folk thought I'd drink anything :smile: )

Smudge

Veteran
happy to know I'm not the only one who rates it.
(in case some folk thought I'd drink anything :smile: )

Just picked up some more from Lidl today.
It was mental how empty the shelves were in there, none of the usual sliced bread and hardly any baked in store bread or rolls. Many canned goods stripped out as well. Its the first time i've seen evidence of this stupid panic buying people are doing.

Top Bottom