Mileage for the Year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

levad

Veteran
660 miles since the start of September.

No commuting at all in October due to holidays and training courses. Man flu and worries about ice, never ridden in these conditions before have prevented me from commuting so far this month (excuses, excuses ...).

It would certainly be warmer on the bike at the moment as the heater in "the cage" hasn't worked for 4 or 5 years.

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

yorkshiregoth said:
I have a computer on all 3 of my bikes although one of the bikes was tea-leafed last month, so I don't know the exact figure for that one, but together it is around 10,875.00 :smile: But this does include a cycling holiday in Egypt and of course my daily slog to work and back.

;);):tongue::eek::smile::tongue::biggrin::eek:B):eek:B):smile::sad::eek::sad::eek::sad::eek::eek::eek::eek::biggrin::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

the computer suffered a fatal impact witha sledge hammer last year when i got fed up of treating every ride like a race, so i'm guessing at around 8000 by the year end , most of that on fixed if it makes a difference

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
This year will be a scrappy 1k as I don't currently commute to a regular job at the mo or holidayed with the bikes, for once.

Previous years I would have easily clocked 3k per year. Ho hum.

(fingers crossed Santa brings me the wireless speedo I want for the trike!)

T x

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Hang on, I guessed my distance in miles!

Does it read any better?

T x

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Tynan said:
the last two days must have been as cold as it'll ever get, bib longs, overshoes, Nightvision plus buff and gloves and it was fine, granted you can feel it nibbling but I still had a toasty/light sweat on

Keeping warm wasn't a problem, staying upright was - absolutely bloody lethal in places. Better the closer I got to town though.

Current kit for me is dhb 3/4s (winter weight) TK Maxx thermal baselayer (l/s) short sleeve top, windproof jacket, buff, altura glove liners with BG comp mitts over the top, Aldi cycling socks and hefty trainers.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I am another one with a computer which broke during the year (there are a lot of us I see;)), so I have to estimate the unrecorded mileage, commuting I have done about 1,000 miles this year... more that I expected:smile:

U

User482

Around 2,000 miles on the road bike, of which 900 was done on my LEJOG. I have a very short commute...

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
tdr1nka said:
Can I just get a simple computer that only has a trip speedo and distance?

Sounds like my Kelloggs one ;)

Mine broke in the heavy rain of last week, and came back to life in time for my first commute from the new house. Evidently they make them tough.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
As a kid I bought an old exercise bike wiredrive speedo at a jumble sale.
Blissfully unaware of wheel ratios etc, I rode my purple and yellow Raleigh racer all over Clapham Common, purplexed as to why the clock never got higher than 12mph no matter how hard I peddled!

T x

Top Bottom