Mileage for the Year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
2669 miles. A lot down on last 2 or 3 years since I have moved in with girlfriend (!). But I have got into triathlons this year so I have run 306 miles, plus swam 84 miles, so total calorie expenditure is about the same (averages 700 per day for the whole year)

If it wasn't for that I would weigh about 23 stone!

Can't guess the leisure miles... since we got the new bike carrier for the car, we've been on a lot of day trips cycling ;)

Work mileage is easier. Based on 12 miles a day commuting x about 325 days a year, my 'work' mileage for 2007 is 3900 miles (though 2 of those weeks I did longer 50 mile summer runs to work which sends it over the 4000 mark).

One last commute tomorrow a lovely 7 am start ;)

Same here. Nice enough at that time of the morning when it's fine, but winter morning rain in the dark is the pits.

Still, I tell myself at least the mornings are getting lighter. Looking forward to the days when I don't need my lights in either direction.

Just shy of 4000 miles this year, which is pretty poor. Managed 6000 last year but this year we moved house, had a plethora of lurgis and not done much beyond commuting mileage since August.

2046 miles recorded, an underestimate as no computer for some of the year. No easy way to get the work/leisure ratios. Must improve the spreadsheet....

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Chuffy said:

Steve Abrahams, an Audax junky has done at least 40,500km in the 'Audax year'. He reckons it is closer to 43,000 - 44,000m because many of his rides have gone 'over distance' and the extra distance is not recorded in Audax records i.e. a 640km ride is recorded as 600km. Then there's his commuting mileage to add to that.....

walker

just edged over 3000 miles this year on two bikes one of which doesn't have a Computer, but I've taken an average from that and just added it to my bike that does.

dudi

my total for the year is around 2000 miles. that includes the daily commute and the weekend long rides... I will do more this year though as I only started the long rides in August.

D

Deleted member 1258

My total for the year is about 4500 miles, about average for me, a combination of commuting, club and leisure rides.

Top Bottom