Mobile car valeters and painting car wheels question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My car is in need of a spring clean. It wants the usual washing,vacuuming and polishing. Also the wheels are looking scruffy,so I've thought about painting them with Hammerite 'Hammered Finish' paint. The wheel trims came off months ago after one fell off so i took the rest off for obvious reasons. I'm thinking about getting one of those mobile/come to you car valeters to do the cleaning for me. Yes,i know I could dattempt it myself,but i don't have access to a power point,so no vacuuming and also no access to a tap,so no washing either. Plus the font seats are marked with stuff like spilt coffee,sat on chocolate and dog slav. They could do with a steam cleaning. Have any of you used such a service and how did they fare? I took a car once to a car valeting place and they devils swapped my nearly new tyres for nearly bald ones! I went to the police about it,but as expected they couldn't do anything as I didn't have proof etc. After that I was a bit wary of such services,but i'm thinking that if thy come to you then they wouldn't be able to so such a thing. Also, do you think Hammerite is ok for my wheels and if so which finish would you recommend? Smooth Hammered or Satin are available.

2003_suzuki_ignis-pic-6716030044221131037-1024x768.jpg

The car above isn't mine,but mine's the same,though a brighter yellow,

Last edited:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Buy new trims go to drive through car wash.. Pay extra fiver for interior clean.

So 30_40 quid you'll be all done.

Painting wheels is pointless unless it's a fancy alloy on a nice car.
Have a beer with the money you saved

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Buy new trims go to drive through car wash..

I tend to park as close to the kerb as possible,so eventually wheel trims get cracked or scratched and look scruffy. Also,they're abut 40 quid for decent ones. The Hammerite paint is 14 quid a tin and it'd give me something constructive to do. I don't think those steam cleans at garages are much good. They haven't lifted the dirt for me in the past and you have to keep feeding the machine with money seat after seat.

Dave7

Legendary Member
If you as you suggest you will then be eligible to post on the "what have you bought that was a waste of money" thread :laugh:.
I am with @meta lon to some extent although me and Mrs D regularly use a car wash and have never had a problem. Plus, those guys have all the gear to do what you want.
Get some new trims but use electricians ties to. keep them secure.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Get some new trims but use electricians ties to. keep them secure.

I don't want wheel trims!! Especially ones that are held down with plastic ties!:thumbsdown: No,i've decided I want to paint them,like we used to do in the 1970's with our British Leyland rust buckets. I'm also thinking about jazzing the car up a bit. What do you reckon to the car decals below? :okay:

Picture Information
Free postage

s-l500.jpg

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Shouldn't laugh but.......
They must've done it to others as the business got torched a year or so later.:thumbsup:

Levo-Lon

Guru
I tend to park as close to the kerb as possible,so eventually wheel trims get cracked or scratched and look scruffy. Also,they're abut 40 quid for decent ones. The Hammerite paint is 14 quid a tin and it'd give me something constructive to do. I don't think those steam cleans at garages are much good. They haven't lifted the dirt for me in the past and you have to keep feeding the machine with money seat after seat.

Ebay trims, about 15 quid halfrds 20.
If you scuff them so what.

Paint if you must.

Top Bottom