MooreLarge (Forme / Tern / Lake shoes / others distributor) into Administration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Oh CX Frames - may have a fight there ! :laugh:

Certainly.

Morning all,

There are a few of these ending in a few days.
1681625730602.png

https://www.johnpyeauctions.co.uk/E...3P*MTY4MTYyMzk4Ni42LjEuMTY4MTYyNDAzNi4wLjAuMA..

Bafang motor is a plus but as a road rider 22kg seems heavy, but I have no idea if it is.

A quick browse has then selling for around £1,300 to £1,600,

Current bids are in the £100-£400 range excluding buyer's premium (25%), VAT (20%) and delivery £40 and then you have an ebike probably without a warranty.

... if you don't mind getting a bargain at someone else's expense:sad:

This auction has been dragging on for so long I wonder who is left looking, only those left looking for really low prices allowing the bikes to be relisted on ebay etc? Have individuals who may have been willing to pay close to a fair price lost interest?

There are a lot of these further into the above link

1681626611516.png

Bye

Ian

Last edited:
Mtn bikes without motors are about 10-11kg, thus it’s twice the weight of a normal bike. But don’t know what’s normal for e mtn bikes.

High end mountain bikes are about 10-11kg but pretty sure most entry level real mountain bikes (hardtails) are more around 13-15kg and dual suspension bikes are 1-2kg heavier. I would class a real entry level hardtail mountain bike from between £300-700 and for dual suspension probaby £700-1600.

Morning all,

There are a few of these ending in a few days.
View attachment 685735
https://www.johnpyeauctions.co.uk/E...3P*MTY4MTYyMzk4Ni42LjEuMTY4MTYyNDAzNi4wLjAuMA..

Bafang motor is a plus but as a road rider 22kg seems heavy, but I have no idea if it is.

A quick browse has then selling for around £1,300 to £1,600,

Current bids are in the £100-£400 range excluding buyer's premium (25%), VAT (20%) and delivery £40 and then you have an ebike probably without a warranty.

... if you don't mind getting a bargain at someone else's expense:sad:

This auction has been dragging on for so long I wonder who is left looking, only those left looking for really low prices allowing the bikes to be relisted on ebay etc? Have individuals who may have been willing to pay close to a fair price lost interest?

There are a lot of these further into the above link

View attachment 685736

Bye

Ian

I watched a few of these auctions to the end and think they were ending up at £700 approximately which by the time you add all the surcharges and postage seemed pretty bad to me. It's a basic entry level mountain bike style bike with a mid-drive motor added.

Just for comparison my Barracuda road bike that I bought off ebay from their outlet site was about £90-100 and yet on John Pye I think I saw the same bike go for £82 before you add costs and postage was £45 I think so up around £160 delivered I think, getting on twice what I paid and no guarantee.

I suspect many people buying this stock are dealers and they would turn up in a van and collect what they purchased so no delivery to pay and maybe commercial buyers get a better rate than non commercial customers like myself. I've yet to see a bargain on the site myself.

Sallar55

Veteran
Mtn bikes without motors are about 10-11kg, thus it’s twice the weight of a normal bike. But don’t know what’s normal for e mtn bikes.
Tell me where i can buy a 5 or 5 1/2 kilo road bike. ?

Good morning.
I watched a few of these auctions to the end and think they were ending up at £700 approximately which by the time you add all the surcharges and postage seemed pretty bad to me. It's a basic entry level mountain bike style bike with a mid-drive motor added.......
I had set myself an absolute limit of £500 bid/£800 delivered then I saw one on https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204241497993 for £850 BIN I’ve used it once no scratches no marks!

At the current prices of £450-£520 it seems that the £700 bid/£1,100 delivered is going to be hit again, £200-£400 off retail in exchange for no guarantee isn't for me, especially for something like an ebike where there is a real risk of issues. At least with a Barracuda a hit with a hammer would bend it back into shape.:laugh:

Bye

Ian

Good morning.

I had set myself an absolute limit of £500 bid/£800 delivered then I saw one on https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204241497993 for £850 BIN I’ve used it once no scratches no marks!

At the current prices of £450-£520 it seems that the £700 bid/£1,100 delivered is going to be hit again, £200-£400 off retail in exchange for no guarantee isn't for me, especially for something like an ebike where there is a real risk of issues. At least with a Barracuda a hit with a hammer would bend it back into shape.:laugh:

Bye

Ian

Yeah that ebike may have some proprietary parts and there is no Moore and Large to order spares for you. My Barracuda is just a basic steel road bike it has Microshift brifters with a 2x7 drivetrain. I'm planning to change the rear wheel to a freehub rear wheel with a 7 speed 11-34 cassette and stick a front hub motor on it. High tensile steel is ideal for this. There are no proprietary parts on it. The whole ebike build is not going to be any more than about £250 and that is with new parts except for the dual pivot brakes I bought cheap for a fiver, BTWIN/Tektro brakes. When I say £250 that is because I buy cheap bike parts when I see them and store them. The 7 speed 11-34T cassette was about £8 when I bought it, the ebike display and controller about £18 (now about £22 on aliexpress) and the battery 36V at 7Ah about £32 I think.

Broadside

Guru
Good morning.

Bye

Ian

I agree, there is no real benefit going with this auction. I’ve been watching it fairly closely but have been amazed at the poor quality of stuff they are selling. I’m actually now not surprised that they went under. I am looking elsewhere for CX frames now and have given up on this auction.

Top Bottom