more useless than the wasp?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

Hifi cables and stands.

(see other thread)

U

User482

Fab Foodie said:
(I have heard differences with cables and speaker stands :evil:)
but I'll raise you with...
Using coloured felt-tips on the edge of CD's.

Speaker stands - possibly.
Cables - not a chance.

As for those CDs, I take it you colour them in after freezing them?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
User482 said:
Speaker stands - possibly.
Cables - not a chance.

As for those CDs, I take it you colour them in after freezing them?

Both are easily demonstratable. I tend not to have much cash for thse things, but go to the DIY store and purchase some bell wire and some soild core wire, try them and see which you prefer, they are different sounding. I've borrowed evarious interconnect cables (and componants form time to time) from others to see if they were money well spent, some were some were not, but difference are detectable.

have to say, I never found anybenefit from the coulered pen thing and I have never frozen a CD. I have oven baked LP's to make flower pots :evil:.

Ooops, just see a whole thread dedicated to this, I'll periuse later...

back to the topic...

U

User482

FF, as I keep repeating on the other thread, no-one has ever succeeded in demonstrating an audible difference in a double-blind study. You may *think* there's a difference, but that doesn't mean there really is.

As an aside - did you know that placebo injections are more effective than placebo pills?

User482 said:
FF, as I keep repeating on the other thread, no-one has ever succeeded in demonstrating an audible difference in a double-blind study. You may *think* there's a difference, but that doesn't mean there really is.

This was the same as a CD seperate I had. The review said. "If you turn off the display, there's a noticeable improvement in treble". So I stood there, week in week out, trying different CD's. No difference, not a jot, not a hint of a treble tremor but it did make it damn awkward to know which track was on.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
User3094 said:
FFS Claudine you're a walking talking encylopedia...

Anyway, [after extensive Googling], I see your Chroleywood Process and raise you an Azodicarbonamide.

[If you can tell me what that is without referencing, then I'll start construction on the Claudine effigies immediately]

You've got me there, but I've a vague feeling I've seen it recently - perhaps in Michael Pollan's excellent food book. From which I deduce that it's a food additive, but no idea what kind...

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Now Googled. I see we're still on the bread theme. Yes that's definitely one for the Useless bin. This is heartening:

"In Singapore, the use of azodicarbonamide can result in up to 15 years imprisonment and a fine of $450,000".

Next candidate: Subway

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'll see the Chorleywood Process and raise it

Transactional Analysis!
(and Erhard Seminar Training)

Top Bottom