Morvelo, Any Experience?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
I really like the look of some of the Morvelo kit. Has anyone got any of their kit or tried any on if not bought?

How do they compare to the likes of Castelli?

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Morvelo do make some lovely looking kit. I got myself a women`s Morvelo Rue jersey bnwt for £9 (£70 rrp, £40 on Wiggle atm), looks brill and I cant wait to wear it on pub hunts this Summer :girldance:

Morvelo-Women-s-Rue-Short-Sleeve-Jersey-Short-Sleeve-Jerseys-Pink-Purple-White-SS14-RUEWJ.jpg

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
I am a touch dubious of eBay sales. @Lilliburlero £9 sounds very suspicious to me?

I love the Castelli gear @GrumpyGregry. Yes, it is relatively expensive at RRP, but the quality is amazing, and I always buy in the wrong season to take advantage of the high discount level. Very durable so far too.

The Morvelo gear at RRP sits around the discounted Castelli pricing. Do really like their designs though. Kind of retro, but not obviously dated. Completely different style to Castelli.

BigAl68

Über Member
I have three Morvelo ss jerseys and they are my favorites out of the dozen odd I own. If you buy at the right time of year you can normally pick them up for around £40 but to be honest if they release one I really like I would probably pay full price.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Interesting. Will see what's out there on sale and take a punt. Nice looking kit in fairness.

The Tokyo Fixed Jersey is awesome, but sold out and I don't ride Fixed. Lol.

vickster

Legendary Member
I just sent a couple of their jerseys back to Wiggle, they didn't fit, nor did I like the silky material. Designs were nice though

I've got the unity and chassuer de cols bibs & the matching tops. I've also got castelli sorpasso and nanoflex bibs and a couple of tops.
IMHO the morvelo stuff is as good as castelli. I know its subjective but i think the morvelo pad is better than the castelli & is the most comfortable I have personally tried.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
I've got the unity and chassuer de cols bibs & the matching tops. I've also got castelli sorpasso and nanoflex bibs and a couple of tops.
IMHO the morvelo stuff is as good as castelli. I know its subjective but i think the morvelo pad is better than the castelli & is the most comfortable I have personally tried.
I am currently using the Sorpasso nano flex tights and really rate them and the pad. So much so, I bought the body paint shorts, albeit at a significant saving!

Interesting to hear your direct comparison on quality though. Cheers.

This is the jersey that caught my eye and made me check out more from Morvelo:

image.jpg

huwsparky

Über Member
I bought the chasseur de cols 15 short/Jersey combo and really like their gear. The pad is very comfy, I do wish there was a tiny bit more room for the tackle but that's a sizing issue!

The quality is second to none IMO and I like the fact that the styling is 'different' to Castelli etc. I'll be buying more from them for sure.

Top Bottom