Most comfortable frame material?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I had to go via my brother's in Morden...and I like to extend my not very long commute on the way home :smile: Stonecot hill in the rush hour is a joy :wacko:

It's probably better on a bike than in a car. I've just started commuting to Kingston and the whole Tudor Drive to the level crossing is a nightmare as no one leaves any space on the left, still easier on a bike than in a car though.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
No nice back roads?

I usually go through Nonsuch park but with the recent heavy rain and the enormous amount of leaves on the path (as well as the usual dog walkers and joggers), I didn't fancy it yesterday

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Wow. memories!

Mrs FF is a Morden girl and my first job after Poly was in Leatherhead. This is about 1984 ish I had a bedsit in Epsom (Burgh Heath Road) and so regularly 'commuted' Leatherhead - Epsom - Morden - Epsom in order to work and have a sex-life. Rode them on my old Holdsworth fixed-wheeler all times of day and night!
When we got married we lived in a flat in Belmont opposite the Marsden, got Married at St John's and had our Wedding reception at Nonsuch Park.
Happy Daze!

I agree with themosquitoking, cycling in London is a rush! I cut my teeth between Morden - Clapham - Elephant and Castle in '82-'84 and loved every minute of it. I re-ran the route some years back and wrote about it here.

Yes, and the orange is much better (which I have, not that I have looked in the box)

I have the 'burnt copper if you dont mind' too, love the colour.

I bought the full build - the new full build is a slightly better spec for the money although that doesn't matter to you.

is the bike finished yet and are there any images? looking forward to seeing the different kit on the same frame.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Lol not even started - the frame arrived yesterday and is in a big box on the back seat of my car. The wheels are in another box. That's all I have so far. Other bits ordered and on way. Groupset still to be ordered once cashflow clearer (wretched price of RM shares has dropped so hanging on to those)

A friend is building for me, so running to his timeline - he says mid Jan. So it'll be ready by spring :-)

I would have bought it built but I didn't want Shimano gearing and I would have had to change stem and bars. This way I get the spec I want for similar money (hopefully :whistle: )

Last edited:
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
OK, the shopping is well underway

Frame & fork - check
Wheels - check
Groupset -check
Chainset - check
Bottom bracket - check
Shifters - check
Front mech - check
Brakes - check
Bars - check
Stem - check
Tape - check
Seatpost - check

My credit card is on fire :biggrin: :ohmy:

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Wow. memories!

Mrs FF is a Morden girl and my first job after Poly was in Leatherhead. This is about 1984 ish I had a bedsit in Epsom (Burgh Heath Road) and so regularly 'commuted' Leatherhead - Epsom - Morden - Epsom in order to work and have a sex-life. Rode them on my old Holdsworth fixed-wheeler all times of day and night!
When we got married we lived in a flat in Belmont opposite the Marsden, got Married at St John's and had our Wedding reception at Nonsuch Park.
Happy Daze!

I agree with themosquitoking, cycling in London is a rush! I cut my teeth between Morden - Clapham - Elephant and Castle in '82-'84 and loved every minute of it. I re-ran the route some years back and wrote about it here.

My first cycle commute in 1982 was Morden to Tooting........on a yellow Raleigh Banana. (Lived on the St Helier estate)
Then changed to Morden to Wandsworth, then South Wimbledon to Wandsworth.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Cool...I travelled from Chislehurst and Bromley (and for a bit from Oval)!

One of my school friends lived on Tubbenden, don't recall a park though! She was the station end

Top Bottom