Most comfortable frame material?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Cool, still not sure but I guess you know :biggrin: Been a while since I was over that way. Still have friends in Chislehurst / Bromley but you know what it's like!

Nocode

Park is at the A21 end. (through the woods)
Both @iLB and @Nocode of this parish live off Tubbenden too.
:hello:

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Didn't think we had so many Mordenites on this forum lol. I live in Morden, literally round the corner from where @vickster had her run in with the Galaxy. I dont know what time it was but that place can get horrible for cyclists at the wrong time, usually the rush hour and (even worse) the school run.

Its far more important for some people to get their little baby to school on time than it is to avoid running cyclists off the road unfortunately. Had a few run ins myself off that roundabout.

Have to be so much more switched on while cycling around any urban area, because some drivers wont do the looking for you.

Glad your ok tho, and if you need a hand building the bike me and @themosquitoking are close by. :smile:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
@Nomadski

Cheers for the offer of help, a friend is going to build but good to know there are technically minded CCers around and about

I am actually down in Sutton off Gander Green Lane but my bro is in Morden and I often end up there on a cycle etc (and I use the tube station)

Do you commute into London? How long does it take in the rush hour, realise you'll be quicker than me to get some idea of how long and which way is best

I was on the 'roundabout of doom' at around 6.30 I guess, so not a good time!

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I have the 'burnt copper if you dont mind' too, love the colour.

I bought the full build - the new full build is a slightly better spec for the money although that doesn't matter to you.

is the bike finished yet and are there any images? looking forward to seeing the different kit on the same frame.

Hi uphillstruggler
Does your bike have a Genesis branded headset cap? I'd like to get one from Genesis if this is the case. Any other genesis embossed bits?
TIA :smile:

Hi uphillstruggler
Does your bike have a Genesis branded headset cap? I'd like to get one from Genesis if this is the case. Any other genesis embossed bits?
TIA :smile:

It does, note the black handle bar tape :whistle::whistle: Handle bars and stem also

IMAG1293.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Nearly £600 spent on groupset bits at Wiggle and I got one measly packet of haribo starmix :wacko:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I hope you split the order so you could take advantage of £5 off every £50 spent.
How is that done? I could always send it all back ;) Most of the bits were significantly more than £50! I think even the BB

I did quidco though, so saved a few quid

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
How is that done? I could always send it all back ;) Most of the bits were significantly more than £50! I think even the BB

I did quidco though, so saved a few quid

Unsubscribe, re-subscribe and you get another £5.00 etc etc but can only use one voucher per order
So for instance
pair bib shorts £60
Pair shoes £90
Pair of tyres £50

So that's 3 separate orders, use 3 separate £5.00 vouchers.

Top Bottom