Most comfortable frame material?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Hmmm, not sure I can be doing with the hassle of returning it all for the sake of £20 - already tracked £17 on quidco...not sure if they would do both

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Well there will be some needs when the bike build happens, but I expect I'll need to grab in a hurry from an LBS! I don't generally find Wiggle the cheapest, although they were as far as I could see for the SRAM stuff

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
@Nomadski

Cheers for the offer of help, a friend is going to build but good to know there are technically minded CCers around and about

I am actually down in Sutton off Gander Green Lane but my bro is in Morden and I often end up there on a cycle etc (and I use the tube station)

Do you commute into London? How long does it take in the rush hour, realise you'll be quicker than me to get some idea of how long and which way is best

I was on the 'roundabout of doom' at around 6.30 I guess, so not a good time!

I don't commute into London, I work in the opposite direction, but have obviously cycled thru parts of Morden lots as I live here. I have gone into London on many occasions on a night ride. The only time Ive really ridden into or out of London during rush hour was when I went to Elephant and Castle to pick up a laptop, and I was surprised by the absolute mass of cyclists heading home down the cycle superhighway. They literally were a lane wide and dozens of bikes long. Bit of an eye opener. @themosquitoking would be the best person to ask re best route for getting to where you plan to get to as he knows plenty of routes in south london, personally Ive gone up to South Wimbledon then turned right on the superhighway all the way up to Southwark Bridge.

6.30 is definitely not a good time for cycling anywhere near the main roads in Morden (also try to avoid 3-3.30pm too, #madmothersinbigvehiclesgoingtoofast).

Good luck with the bike build :biggrin:

I don't commute into London, I work in the opposite direction, but have obviously cycled thru parts of Morden lots as I live here. I have gone into London on many occasions on a night ride. The only time Ive really ridden into or out of London during rush hour was when I went to Elephant and Castle to pick up a laptop, and I was surprised by the absolute mass of cyclists heading home down the cycle superhighway. They literally were a lane wide and dozens of bikes long. Bit of an eye opener. @themosquitoking would be the best person to ask re best route for getting to where you plan to get to as he knows plenty of routes in south london, personally Ive gone up to South Wimbledon then turned right on the superhighway all the way up to Southwark Bridge.

6.30 is definitely not a good time for cycling anywhere near the main roads in Morden (also try to avoid 3-3.30pm too, #madmothersinbigvehiclesgoingtoofast).

Good luck with the bike build :biggrin:
I know your from @vickster but where's your to.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
At the moment, West Sutton to Epsom

From mid Jan I'll be near Bank, but I doubt I'll ride until the evenings are light and the weather warmer :smile:

Ok, well over the winter i'll be taking my wife on a few weekend training commutes to Victoria so she's ready for the spring too. You'd be more than welcome to tag along and get confident on the route if you wanted. It's a very leisurely pace when out with her at the moment but i'm expecting it to get a bit faster after we change her dog bike to an n+1 at the weekend.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Cheers for the offer. I am happy to ride into town, but after my recent near miss, I don't fancy riding in the dark during the London rush hour. I am also cold and especially rain averse! Also, with the new job I won't get any sick pay nor private HC for 3 months so need to be careful!

Fair enough, i'm right with you on the cold and wet thing. It doesn't help that i work in an environment where i don't feel comfortable turning up in lycra so i have to cycle in proper clothes.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't think that'll bother me, just not sure on the availability of facilities. 20 min commute at the mo, I just change, no need to shower. New job much further, so would need to shower and most importantly wash hair. Not sure how I feel on that one!

Top Bottom