Most layers ever??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
The coldest temperature that I ever cycled in was - 17 Deg. C and that was in Northern China and even the sea was frozen for quite a distance from the shore. I can't remember the exact layers of clothing I used but I do remember that I could only do it for about 1 hour due mainly to my feet being very frozen. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
The most ever was a few years ago when my fellow early starters car thermometers were showing -15 for a couple of mornings.

Head and face:Wooly hat & Buff

Body: gore windstopper vest, long sleeve cotton base layer, winter softshell

Hands: Sealskinz winter weight gloves with decathlon man made fibre liners.

Legs: Lycra shorts under winter weight hiking trousers

Feet: Pair of thin ankle socks under a pair of towelling sports socks & MTB shoes.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm a wimp who feels the cold and female, and I get Raynauds so need to try to keep myself warm.

I normally wear: a vest, top, tunic top, light weight top as a absolute minimum, and then add further layers such as thin jumper, thick jumper, gillet, or coat. I either wear one or two pairs of gloves, and two pairs of socks in warm winter boots.

If it gets cold I have the option to add a feather gillet or on very rare occasions I've cycled wearing a feather jacket!

Yes I use lots of layers. So far we haven't had very cold this winter.

Top Bottom