Most layers ever??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

akb

Veteran
For my winter commute, my clothing consists of (from top to bottom)
Sunglasses.
Buff / Snood
Cycling T-Shirt or Long Sleeved jersey. Depending on whats not in the wash
Altura Night Vision.
Polaris windproof gloves.
A pair of old Adidas double thick shorts.
Pants / boxers
Aldi Leg Warmers
Socks. (x 2 pairs if it is really cold)
Astro turf trainers.

You lot need to MTFU :laugh:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
For my winter commute, my clothing consists of (from top to bottom)
Sunglasses.
Buff / Snood
Cycling T-Shirt or Long Sleeved jersey. Depending on whats not in the wash
Altura Night Vision.
Polaris windproof gloves.
A pair of old Adidas double thick shorts.
Pants / boxers
Aldi Leg Warmers
Socks. (x 2 pairs if it is really cold)
Astro turf trainers.

You lot need to MTFU :laugh:
Yup although i only ever wear a coat when its sub zero as i find any water/windproof to warm , i also like many prefer commando or its just to dang uncomfy and you end up with sweaty crack .
You say double thick shorts ? i am talking a couple of layers of lycra ^_^

djb1971

Legendary Member
Evans do the women's Baabaa base layers @ 39.99 but you can get £5 off if you subscribe to the newsletter.

I've not checked Wiggle or CRC.

OP
OP
Jet

Jet

Veteran
.... unless you're Katie Price!
Darn - covers blown. :biggrin:

I saw this one in Cheshire Oaks today http://www.estore.tog24.com/womens/womens-tops/womens-base-layer-tops/heat-womens-hoody.html that I very nearly bought coz it ticked almost all the boxes (merino, nice colour, cool style) but then thought I'd best check online to see if that was the lowest price I could find. And it looks like it is so I guess I know where I'll be going over the weekend before they sell out..... Doh.

djb1971

Legendary Member
I've got four tog24 merino base layers that I use for work and they're great, I thought they'd stopped doing them.
They used to do decent thick merino socks too, I still use them when it's below zero. Now they are toasty!

After merino you won't want anything else. I know you don't bother to think about it but check out winter kit on sale in summer and summer kit in winter, that's where the bargains are!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:tongue: to those who say females = loads of layers.

Three layers maximum and even then I'm sweltering after a few minutes. For a Friday night ride, I'll take along a spare layer just in case.
I had to stop on the commute home today to take a layer off (only had 2 on, plus a thin waterproof jacket) because the snowy wind was battering me, was getting far to hot fighting it.
Also had to swap winter cycling gloves for a pair of thinner non cycling ones :sweat: :girl:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I had to stop on the commute home today to take a layer off (only had 2 on, plus a thin waterproof jacket) because the snowy wind was battering me, was getting far to hot fighting it.
Also had to swap winter cycling gloves for a pair of thinner non cycling ones :sweat: :girl:
Its the jacket , i only use mine if its really cold or as you have said you just boil in the bag.Much better to go for another more breathable layer .

fossala

Guru
I wear bibshorts all year round. SS jersey and windproof jacket. I use long fingered gloves if it goes below 5C. I do need overshoes though, my toes are the things that get cold.

Top Bottom