Most Overrated...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Book: The Diving Bell and the Butterfly. The fact that it was mouth-typed doesn't stop it being vacuous drivel.

I'm another one who never 'got' Blade Runner.

Most Hitchcock movies. Adequate at best - why the reverence?

Baghdad Cafe....yawn.

Re Monty Python: in Family Guy, Meg is tortured by being tied to a chair and forced to watch entire series: "But I'm a girl...I never found even the good bits of Monty Python funny."

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Not forgetting Vanilla Ice

darkstar said:
Fair enough, i suppose i've been bought up around this generation of music, i have a love for british hip hop, grime, and dnb.
So many good tracks out there if you just know where to look!
The 80s was a good decade for hip hop though it has to be said, Public Enemy, N.W.A, Slick Rick (legend), Ultramagnetic MCs etc etc!

darkstar said:
How much of the music to come from this genre have you truthfully listened to over the past 20 years? There have been hundreds of great artists around, you just need to delve a bit deeper than the charts...
You are obviously not a fan of the genre, which is fair enough, but thats not a good reason to state all music from it is overrated. I'm not a fan of music from the classical or operatic genre but i don't say it's all overrated.

+1 (apart from the "classical" bit - Ilike lots of rap and lots of classical music).

U

User482

4F said:
:smile::troll::smile::troll::biggrin:

Nah, they're crap. Middle of the road blandness. There are far better exponents of their particular genre.

jimboalee

Gas. Oxygen.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
dustystreet said:
because i specifically stated this was NOT a thread for discussion but to just list what each person thought was overrated? i just want short quick, answers, not pages full of the pros and cons. why is there always one? :biggrin:
did i not say this was not to disparage other people's choices? :blush:
feel free to start your own discussion thread if you want! ;)

Well, no-one else agrees with you apparently. Bad luck! And now it's getting silly too... and there's just nothing you can do about it. :angry:

(BTW, please turn off the 'bold' - it makes it seem like you are a crazy shouting person...)

OP
OP
D

dustystreet

cheers for killing the thread and making sure you've foisted your expanded opinions about your overrated choices on the rest of us!

and err, no!

dustystreet said:
cheers for killing the thread and making sure you've foisted your expanded opinions about your overrated choices on the rest of us!

and err, no!

I don't think he's killed it, it's quite an entertaining thread. I'm afraid that once you've put a thread into the public domain, you have no control over it. Think of it like a conversation started in the pub, or something.:smile:

Top Bottom