Most ridiculous Hi Fi upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Aye, good call, and Audiolab? Naim stuff takes an absolute age to 'sound right'. Even turning it off for a weeks holiday and its a Binatone ^_^
Same with cables, put new Naim spkr cable on last year, harsh to start with, now spot on ^_^
I rarely turn my Amps off though TBH that's more to 'save' the capacitors from damage due to 'cycling' from warm to cold to warm although 'lefty' went back to the repair/service dept. and they now switch the big power caps from 'terminals down' to'terminals up' to stop em dripping on the circuit board below.

I rarely turn my Amps off though TBH that's more to 'save' the capacitors from damage due to 'cycling' from warm to cold to warm although 'lefty' went back to the repair/service dept. and they now switch the big power caps from 'terminals down' to'terminals up' to stop em dripping on the circuit board below.
Mine are quite toasty with the power amp underneath ^_^

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Christ alive - they're imprexcessive!
EFA

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I've always found Naim a little too cold and analytical for me but then I'm not as big a fan of the QUAD 'current dumping' poweramps compared to my 303's either.

You left my 2nd favourite Amplifier company off that list too...............Sugden. 30+years ago when I split up with Pamela she asked me to help her buy a new HiFi Amp, we auditioned the Naim Nait, the (Mission) Cyrus and the Sugden A25b and the Sugden was by far the better

View attachment 595440

It's a class A - A/B design that runs class A up to about 4w then A/B up to about 35w but Pam wasn't like me and didn't really crank music up so at her volume levels it sounded lovely
Percy or Mollie?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
And there was me wondering about those people that buy valve amps for the lovely warm analogue sound, then stream music to them...
Nobsound
Yes, Nobsound make valve amps for iPods and the like.

Top Bottom