Most under/over whelming touristy thing you have seen ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
USS Arizona memorial in Pearl Harbour. Similar to the feeling I get at the Menin Gate.

Utterly overwhelmed on those visits.

The oil blobbing up on the Arizona ....

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
The Withernsea lighthouse museum in East Yorkshire.

A favourite for many reasons. It is in my home town. The light used to flash through my bedroom window. There is a seat in the garden dedicated to my father. It has a nice cafe. The museum has an exhibition to Kay Kendall, the actress. She was born about 300m from the lighthouse.

But most significantly, There is an exhibit to the town of Withernsea which includes a large display of swimming trophies which was held at the open air swimming pool. My name is on a lot of them.

I am officially, a museum piece.

But you also get super views of the surrounding countryside from the top of the lighthouse.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...607996736269651925&selectedIndex=9&ajaxhist=0

The Withernsea lighthouse museum in East Yorkshire.

A favourite for many reasons. It is in my home town. The light used to flash through my bedroom window. 0
Did it flash/strobe? If so, sounds like torture/child cruelty. Hope you are sleeping well these days.

Interesting odd bit of the country, as in out on a bit of a limb.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It came round every few seconds. It was comforting. Yes it is out on a limb. But everyone seems to know everyone else out there. It' nice and flat for cycling with plenty of coastline.

Rendlesham Forest UFO trail had no UFOs, aliens, unexplained phenomena or mysterious features. If I had paid good money for the trail, I would want it back. It is a nice walk in the forest.

I have been blessed in the jobs that I have had and as a result, the places and things that I have seen, such as:

The Great Wall of China
The Pyramids and Sphinx At Giza
The funerary mask of Tutankhamun in Cairo
The Dome of the Rock, The Garden of Gethsemane and the Wailing Wall at Jerusalem
The Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem
The Co-Cathedral in Valetta, Malta
Grytviken whaling station in South Georgia

There are another dozen or so amazing places that I have visited, but I don't want to sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet

But everyone seems to know everyone else out there. .

I come from a place like that. Despite its many joys, not necessarily a good thing steve. Why do you think I'm in London :smile: **

[in later years, since I come from a small place, I would remember overheard childhood conversations from my parents about so and so "running away with" so and so - where the hell to?. Love those old euphemisms - another one was "carrying on with", which I suppose produced the film titles.

** oh is this why you are in Denmark :smile:

all the best, apologies for thread drift :smile:

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I have been blessed in the jobs that I have had and as a result, the places and things that I have seen, such as:

The Great Wall of China
The Dome of the Rock, The Garden of Gethsemane and the Wailing Wall at Jerusalem

There are another dozen or so amazing places that I have visited, but I don't want to sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet

It could be a lot worse , you could be showing us how you blow your own trumpet :S

Tim Hall

The Great Wall of China
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.

My uncle got kicked out of Disney World, after an altercation with a chipmunk (or bloke dressed as) who confiscated the food he brought in and was eating at the time.
don't chipmunks have big cheeks?

Praps your uncle should have secreted his stores there.

Seriously I wouldn't go anywhere that denied you the option of eating your own food. Takin the p.

Top Bottom