Motorbike and scooter owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Invest in a good heat shrink crimp tool and some heat shrink crimps (white and red).

I used to solder and shrinkwrap repair these but now this would be my preferred method.

Just make sure you get proper shink crimp pliers (the plastic crimp pliers don't work properly even though some sell them with the heat shrink connectors).

Personal I'd chop the connectors off and hard wire the lot.

View attachment 615141

I I invested in a decent set of crimpers last year, the R6 I had before this had a previous owner that must have had shares in halfords blue electrical connectors! The whole bike was a bit of a mine field, some people should just have their tools taken away from them!

keithmac

Guru
I I invested in a decent set of crimpers last year, the R6 I had before this had a previous owner that must have had shares in halfords blue electrical connectors! The whole bike was a bit of a mine field, some people should just have their tools taken away from them!

I see it day in and day out :laugh:, the major of my working life is sorting other people's "repairs" out..

Landsurfer

Veteran
Another tough day at the office ....
M18 / A1M to Ferrybridge and from there ..... ??
There is a road that runs from Ferrybridge to RAF Dishforth ... a B road, sometimes a small "A” road, sometimes a big "A" road. But a lovely road, low on traffic big on “nice”.
The maps don't show it well as it runs so close to the A1M, but go on MAPS and you can drill down to see it.
Thirsk to York is a pleasant ride, the A19 north of York is a lovely road, narrow but with great views across to Sutton Bank and the moors.
So Rotherham, Doncaster, Ferrybridge, Wetherby, Boroughbridge, Thirsk, York, Tadcaster, Sherburn-in-Elmet, back to Ferrybridge and home ...
I stopped at Boroughbridge ( pictures) and again at Squires Cafe Bar at Sherburn-in-Elmet .... the amazing bikers cafe, and a return along outbound roads ...
150 Miles of sunny, but cold, late autumn weather ...

Boroughbridge Weir ... in full flow .... Salmon can be seen doing the jumping thing, and the river is famous for Lampreys ..really nasty fish with a circular row of teeth .... but they don't feed in fresh water ..thankfully ...

Last edited:
From my files

Fleur De Lys Classic Vehicle Show
Thornes Park
Wakefield
Friday 1st July 2016

Brandane

Legendary Member
The time may have come for a change of bike, after 6 years. Currently have a 2002 Honda VFR VTec, worth not a lot, probably about £1400 as a trade in.

The cost of fuel has led me to look for something a bit frugal, and the Honda NC750 seems to fit the bill. It is supposed to be good for almost 80 mpg..

I have watched a few YouTube reviews and I am quite impressed. OK, it doesn't have the performance of the VFR, but I am getting older and sensible (ish). I've never owned or even ridden a twin cylinder before.

Another plus is that maintenance looks simple in comparison to the VFR.. @keithmac will know about that?

There is one for sale at a Honda dealer not too far away. I feel a visit is in order!

68bce094c5cd4e31a5a5b72015b8614d.jpg

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I've never ridden one but have owned a 650 twin before. I went from an FZ6 to an SV650 and found the twin to be much more favourable. It allows for a much lazier ride, not so much shifting, and better on fuel. The NC would be in my top list if I wanted it for leisure and commuting, in terms of comfort. They seem very popular for commuters, and seem a very good choice for a do-it-all bike

Top Bottom