Motorbike and scooter owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smudge

Veteran
Had a few Suzuki Bandit's over the years... mk1 600 & 1200, mk2 1200 and finally the 1250 that i had a few years ago.

1586357300936.png

1586357336848.png

Zanelad

Guru
I started with a CB 175 in 1975. Had many Kawasakis over the years, GPZ 500, GPX 750 several ZXR 750s and ZX7Rs, RSV1000R, Daytona 955i amongst others. Current bike is this...

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 2

Smudge

Veteran
One of the many adventure bikes i've owned, this V Strom, also has that 650 twin engine. I've always preferred the 650 over the 1000cc version in this model.

1586771725801.png

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
One of the many adventure bikes i've owned, this V Strom, also has that 650 twin engine. I've always preferred the 650 over the 1000cc version in this model.

View attachment 514753
The SV650 lump is superb, I would argue ruined now with Euro4/5 and twinspark

D

Deleted member 26715

The SV650 lump is superb, I would argue ruined now with Euro4/5 and twinspark
Didn't enjoy the SV650 I had couldn't get on with it, didn't last long in he house hold, too skinny & skittish for my liking, had to ring it's neck too much to make progress, loved the VTR1000 Firestorm, apart from the stupid 80-90 mile range of the tank, was always looking at the fuel gauge

D

Deleted member 26715

The lastet V Strom 1000, although now they are calling it a 1050, has been styled like the old Dr Big. Not sure if i like it or not, but i've not seen one in the flesh yet.
Looks like they are after the old man upright BMW market,

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Didn't enjoy the SV650 I had couldn't get on with it, didn't last long in he house hold, too skinny & skittish for my liking, had to ring it's neck too much to make progress, loved the VTR1000 Firestorm, apart from the stupid 80-90 mile range of the tank, was always looking at the fuel gauge
No way :ohmy: They're a bike built to a budget but it's a great package. My old K6 was the last single spark model, it reignited my love of bikes. I only bought it as at the time I'd never owned a twin and needed a commuter vs buying another car (massive headache)

Crashed :shy: rebuilt then rode on for over a year before I got the Tracer :wub:

MarkF

Guru
In fact i'm so impressed with how bad that is, its going on a motorcycle forum i use.

It's just "Wow" and "Why". I don't think I've ever seen such a stupid bike. The tassles and chrome "SV" on the brake fluid reservoirs send it right over the top.^_^

If the V-Stroms had been a bit less odd looking when they came out, they'd have cleaned up the adventure market. I'd still like a 650 at some point..

Top Bottom