Motorbike for commuting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Panter said:
but you don't want anything small for regular fast road commuting. 400cc would be a minimum, 600 better.

Got to agree with that. I used to use a 125 for my commute which whilst it was great and nippy through town used to scare the bejesus out of me on the A14 when it just did not have enough poke. A GS500E soon sorted that problem out but I ended up selling both my bikes before either killing myself or getting points on the licence ! I found it very difficult to keep the speed down :biggrin:

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
Got to agree with that. I used to use a 125 for my commute which whilst it was great and nippy through town used to scare the bejesus out of me on the A14 when it just did not have enough poke. A GS500E soon sorted that problem out but I ended up selling both my bikes before either killing myself or getting points on the licence ! I found it very difficult to keep the speed down :sad:

Same here :sad: I sold up about 25 years ago (last bike was a Gold Wing :biggrin:), though I've ridden friends bikes since (but not in the last 10 years), and our son's 125. We used to visit some friends in Lincolnshire before we came to live here ... On one visit (about 15 years ago) I admired the new bike (a Kawasaki 750 in a rather 'striking' green livery). "Have a run around the lanes - give it a try out" my mate said ... I seemed to have a certain amount of trouble keeping the front wheel on the floor on the straight bits :biggrin:. When I got back I was informed that "You're worse than the young'uns ... at least they wait until they've come right out of the bends before lifting the front" :biggrin:. Perhaps it's just as well that I'm happy with pedal power nowadays ... though sometimes ... :biggrin:.

Top Bottom