Motorist gets arsey with cyclists, gets thumped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
"Both were white and aged in their late 20s or early 30s. One was around 6ft 2ins tall and well-built. He was wearing black cycling gear and riding a black bike"

White, wearing black kit, in their 20s and 30s, on a black bike, athletic/well built. Doesn't exactly narrow it down much!
yep loved that bit. That description covers about 90% of the male cycling population.

PK99

Legendary Member
You mean those actions that potentially put cyclists in danger.

No, that is why I pointed to Mathews posts , where he gets arsey with drivers who have not put him in danger

Why the driver feels the need to stop to tell then not to cycle side by side in beyond me, Only one side of the story, hard to know what realy happened.

Its legal and ok to ride side by side isnt it?

Probably for the same reason that certain cyclists feel the need to tell drivers how to drive their cars.

But as you quite rightly say, we are only getting one side of the story.

Col5632

Guru
Haha this thread has made me laugh, amount of people (who dont cycle) who say to me you shouldnt be riding side by side and i quickly tell them that there is nothing wrong with it and only when on a narrow road or the driver really cant get pass to i move over and let them past

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
And who made this driver the arbiter of who should and shouldn't pursue a lawful activity? He'd overtaken them and was on his merry way, so why did he need to stop for a chat with a 6'2" heavily built cyclist?
Exactly. I can understand if someone felt they could 'take me on' as I am 5'6'' and weigh sub-9 stone.

I think that the driver has just explained to the cops his side of the story to make himself look good, and that the cyclists will look bad if they say anything otherwise.

It does sound (from the drivers POV) that the cyclists were way over the top with the car kicking and "opened drivers door and punched driver in face" actions.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
No, that is why I pointed to Mathews posts , where he gets arsey with drivers who have not put him in danger
I have learnt the error of my ways now and havent posted such things in a while. Just look at my channel. The most recent post is a SMIDSY at a roundabout with a dozzy driver who could have easily taken me out. Before that I just have videos of club rides. I dont upload much nowadays.

Crankarm

Guru
If the scenario was reversed ie the cyclists had made a complaint to police would it have been taken as seriously? Maybe, but maybe not. Kicking a BMW if this is what actually happened is a serious offence. It might even be on Crime Watch.

Col5632

Guru
I have learnt the error of my ways now and havent posted such things in a while. Just look at my channel. The most recent post is a SMIDSY at a roundabout with a dozzy driver who could have easily taken me out. Before that I just have videos of club rides. I dont upload much nowadays.

Very glad to hear it Matthew :thumbsup:

Top Bottom