Motorist gets arsey with cyclists, gets thumped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zizou

Veteran
The "Double standards" on here always make me smile.^_^

It is not ok for driver to stop and tell cyclists not to ride 2 abreast but it is ok for a cyclist to tell a driver not to use a phone whist driving (We have had that one on here).

How on earth is that a double standard? Complaining about someone doing something which is legal and safe (although sometimes inconsiderate of other road users) is not the same as complaining about someone doing something which is illegal and unsafe and puts other road users at danger!

400bhp

Guru
There's nothing wrong with black BMWs (apart from being a bitch to keep clean, and rip-off parts prices).

And orange peel :whistle:

BLUE(UK)

Hi, I am quite new to here so will therefore be dismissed as another 'know all'.
Without knowing the facts, we cannot really judge any of the people involved in this story. For all we know, the car driver could have got out of his car,blocking the escape route of the cyclist forcing them to stop and entered the cyclists 'personal space' in a threatening manner,potentially causing the cyclist to feel threatened for his life/wellbeing so keeping within his right to defend himself,he used a pre-emptive strike to allow himself room to get away from such danger. This is well above board and is within the law.
If indeed,the cyclist did open the door to strike the driver or did so through his window, the only excuse which would get him off was that the driver threatened to shoot/knife them and went to reach into his glove box at which point the cyclist had no chance of escaping and therefore tried to buy himself a bit of extra getaway time because he genuinely feared for his life.
It could be totally different to that and the cyclist is fully to blame, like i say, we don't know the facts.

I write the above having spent 15yrs in the security industry in volatile situations on every shift and whilst not proud of it, I have been arrested on many occasions and yet never charged even though what I had done many people would consider to be very serious offences. It's not what you do,but what you say.

Yes, I am 6' 2,do wear black cycling gear,riding a graphite bike and I am a large build etc but luckily I ride solo.

Hi, I am quite new to here so will therefore be dismissed as another 'know all'.
Without knowing the facts, we cannot really judge any of the people involved in this story. For all we know, the car driver could have got out of his car,blocking the escape route of the cyclist forcing them to stop and entered the cyclists 'personal space' in a threatening manner,potentially causing the cyclist to feel threatened for his life/wellbeing so keeping within his right to defend himself,he used a pre-emptive strike to allow himself room to get away from such danger. This is well above board and is within the law.
If indeed,the cyclist did open the door to strike the driver or did so through his window, the only excuse which would get him off was that the driver threatened to shoot/knife them and went to reach into his glove box at which point the cyclist had no chance of escaping and therefore tried to buy himself a bit of extra getaway time because he genuinely feared for his life.
It could be totally different to that and the cyclist is fully to blame, like i say, we don't know the facts.

I write the above having spent 15yrs in the security industry in volatile situations on every shift and whilst not proud of it, I have been arrested on many occasions and yet never charged even though what I had done many people would consider to be very serious offences. It's not what you do,but what you say.

Yes, I am 6' 2,do wear black cycling gear,riding a graphite bike and I am a large build etc but luckily I ride solo.

Steroids are your friends mate. It helps that your trained in self defence etc too. But from the sound of it what you have done to people were out of fear for yours or others well being and therefore considered to be reasonable force.

BLUE(UK)

Hi, there's a few assumptions in your post.
I don't know how you come to think that steroids/AAS are my friends, I'm guessing that you're stereotyping me? I've yet to embark down that avenue actually.
Martial arts, i wasn't taught, I did spar with guys who trained in various arts and picked up tips but was never taught as such by doing classes.

:-)

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Zizou, you are just as likely to be punched for doing something "Inconsiderate" as you are illegal, probably more so.

Whichever way you look at it, there are occasions where people should just mind their own business and get on with their own lives.

Steve

Top Bottom