Motorist gets arsey with cyclists, gets thumped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Why the driver feels the need to stop to tell then not to cycle side by side in beyond me, Only one side of the story, hard to know what realy happened.

Its legal and ok to ride side by side isnt it?

Drago

Legendary Member
It's not always appropriate, but it's totally lawful. It's not terribly safe two gexateaight side-by-side, cos if one rider has a problem he'll likely take the other rider with him. Thus the outside rider is best riding with their front wheel level with the inside riders rear.

And who made this driver the arbiter of who should and shouldn't pursue a lawful activity? He'd overtaken them and was on his merry way, so why did he need to stop for a chat with a 6'2" heavily built cyclist?

There could be another side to this, but the driver chose to start the confrontation and more fool him for not being as high up the food chain as he thought. I would say its funny, but this is how the likes of Kenneth Noye kill people - you gain nothing whatsoever from starting an argument with another road user and have a lot to lose if it gues sideways.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
It's not a war as in “them and us” we have to share the road so common sence on both parts is needed.
This common sense, rational approach to the situation isn't going to get us anywhere. It is obvious to me from the account given that the cyclists were acting in self defense and used tha absolute minimum force necessary to protect themselves from being killed.
The fact that the driver was in a BMW seems not to be in dispute nor the fact that he remonstrated with the cyclist. Combined with the fact that one of the cyclists was wearing lime green the notion of self defense is irrefutable. :becool:

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
The other cyclist was clearly a ninja, along with his ten ninja mates the driver failed to see in their peleton. You don't f*ck with da ninja's.

[srsly]Having safely passed the riders it's seems bloody minded to actually stop and finger wag at them. However, their are too many unknowns from the story to know what really happened, clearly the driver will underplay his part in the incident; "So, then your Honour, I told them "to get out of the f*ckin way you c*nts..." not very likely, eh?.[/srsly]

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
The motorist had been driving a black BMW car in the direction of South Muskham.

i'd want to kick it regardless of the drivers attitude! joking

as an aside when i see bikes being ridden badly i will mutter something under my breath in the car (the missus is more vocal) but wouldnt stop, get out and confront the cyclists! even when riding i wont say anything (unless they pavement hop and put me in danger) apart from watch it or something similar and then teach by example.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
The motorist had been driving a black BMW

=
I am a cock and despite you lot riding within the rules of the highway code you have slowed my progress down therefore it is my right to get out of car and act like a tit further delaying my progress.

Top Bottom