mp3 player and learning a language?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
A friend wants an mp3 playing device for christmas and his better half contacted me for advice. So I thought I'd ask you lot :?:

He wants to out music on it but is also interested in learning a language. Is it possible to get language courses on mp3 players?

They will probably go down the route of getting an I-pod just for the ease of use of them (their thinking was if I can use one, then he should be able to).

Thanks in advance.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
if you get language tutorials on cd, it's a cinch to transfer them to an ipod, so that would be my recommendation.

Kovu

Über Member
And you can get free language podcasts as well if you search the net, downloaded a few spanish ones for my school work.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
...or a 'phone - the podcast application on my N82 is really good.

PaulB

Legendary Member
fossyant said:
Any MP3 player will do, not just IPods. Creative do some cracking stuff.

My Creative Zen was VERY unreliable and the technical service was virtually non-existant. The result is a knackered Zen, less than 1/3rd full that cannot be added to or deleted from and takes about 8 minutes to start up each time you want to use it. Can't recommend them to anyone given my poor experience with them.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not a big user of any TBH - we have two tiny creatives - a Stone for the wife at the gym - yeh only 2GB, but enough for 10-15 albums. It's the size of about 4 50p's stacked, and with the silicon covers , just clips onto your top.

Both solid state memory though and no HD - fine for what we use one for, and certainly good enough.

Top Bottom