MTB Handlebar Grips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Anyone have a preference on the bar grips they use?
Not necessarily for Mountain Biking but general street use as well?
The Ergon range is quite good, especially the ones up the range a bit that incorporate decent bar ends.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ergon or Specialized ergo style. I hate round grips, not struck on bar ends either. Like somewhere to rest my palms though!

OP
OP
weareHKR

weareHKR

The Ergon range is quite good, especially the ones up the range a bit that incorporate decent bar ends.
Ergon or Specialized ergo style. I hate round grips, not struck on bar ends either. Like somewhere to rest my palms though!
Thanks, only asking because I changed some on a MTB, sort of a semi-rigid round for another pair of round which feels a tad harder & my thumbs seem to feel slightly numb!
I've heard people complain about this before but I've never experienced it before... :sad:

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks, only asking because I changed some on a MTB, sort of a semi-rigid round for another pair of round which feels a tad harder & my thumbs seem to feel slightly numb!
I've heard people complain about this before but I've never experienced it before... :sad:
There are some lovely softer rubbery ergon ones I recently fitted

come in a range of colours and sizes
ERGON Unisex's GA3 Grips, Midsummer Blue, Small

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08248TGJR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_qGyMFbYY7KZNV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What are you doing - proper MTB ? I'd avoid the shaped Ergon types for proper MTB riding as you do move/rotate your hands.

Ergon's are great for normal riding though.

I tend to spend a little more for the MTB grips - Either SRAM's own, or currently Ritchey WCS Trail which are very grippy. Always lock-ons though as I don't fancy those rotating on a gnarly descent.

OP
OP
weareHKR

weareHKR

What are you doing - proper MTB ? I'd avoid the shaped Ergon types for proper MTB riding as you do move/rotate your hands.

Ergon's are great for normal riding though.

I tend to spend a little more for the MTB grips - Either SRAM's own, or currently Ritchey WCS Trail which are very grippy. Always lock-ons though as I don't fancy those rotating on a gnarly descent.
No mate by ''Proper Mountain Biking'' days are over, stick to the easy /medium routes at Dolby Forst nowadays ... I'll take a look at the ones you've mentioned tho... cheers.. :okay:

Top Bottom