MTB or Road Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I race my MTB; 29er KTM Scarp Sonic. I also race my road bike; Wilier Zero6.
As such, I ride both about equally. If I have an MTB race coming up, I tend to focus only on that in the week leading up to it and the same with the road bike. My training programme focuses upon both.

I also prefer riding my MTB when it is dark, much safer avoiding traffic and sticking to the trails.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Having recently bought a Giant Fathom MTB, I would say MTB. It can be rigged out for trails, touring or road very easily.

I have already added an angled riser and I really dont need that much of a knobbly tyre for where I ride and so a smoother tyre may make it roll a bit quicker on the road.

But It is a lot more versatile than a road bike

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
That mega-sprocket would be very handy here in hilly Yorkshire but isn't it way OTT in flat Denmark? I would have thought you are in the perfect country for a singlespeed mountain bike!
Where do people get the idea that Denmark is flat? 20 minutes out from my house would get rid of that misconception. The West coast is flat. But it gets lumpier the further East you go. The island of Fyn is all up and down.

RTW cyclist Derek Boocock came to visit us last year. Before he even got off the bike, Dereks opening sentence was "Who the kin hell said Denmark was flat? 😁

I have bought it for the Torino - Nice Rally in September 😊

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Where do people get the idea that Denmark is flat?
I got it from a Danish woman! :laugh: (She made a joke about Denmark's "mountains", which I didn't get. She explained that the highest point in Denmark is only 171 m above sea level.)

The Danish tourist board seem to agree about the relative flatness... :whistle:

Visit Denmark said:
We don't have any mountains, so biking is never uphill
Denmark is known around the world for its bike culture, and the fact that our country is quite flat is definitely an advantage in this matter. But we also have more than 12,000km of cycle tracks and lanes throughout the country which makes biking in Denmark a safe and respected way to travel. We even enjoy cycling to such a degree that 75% continue biking all through winter and we have a Cycling Embassy.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I got it from a Danish woman! :laugh: (She made a joke about Denmark's "mountains", which I didn't get. She explained that the highest point in Denmark is only 171 m above sea level.)

The Danish tourist board seem to agree about the relative flatness... :whistle:
Whoever wrote that has never left the West coast. Its correct about the mountains but its all up and down. Then there is the headwind 😁🇩🇰

Top Bottom