MTB shoes v Road Shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'll agree with that, but on a recumbent trike it's no problem as you never have to unclip :okay:
The OP has a road bike rather than road trike :smile:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
"The fact that I broke my arm in a low-speed fall because I failed to unclip may have to do something with this position"

How the feck did failing to unclip cause him to break his arm? The article is cobblers and written by a twat who has no understanding of why people use clipless pedals or had their feet secured by toeclips, straps and shoe plates in past times. It is so that your feet do not slip off the pedals when you put the power down, not about increasing your speed.

As for being clipped in when you come off, that's the safest way to fall as your body is compact when you hit the deck and will absorb the impact. Leave a limb dangling out and you have far more chance of breaking it, the reason broken collar bones are common among cyclists because the tendency is to extend the arm rather than keeping hold of the bars.

Newman8

Agree with Vickster - double sided is easier - especially on a hill-start. I switched from Shimano mtb pedals, 1st to Exustar, then to Look road pedals, but after a thousand miles or so, still don't feel as good. Will change back to mtb pedals when time comes to get new shoes.

Top Bottom