Mudguards like them dislike them useful or unnecessary?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
Not really, As if you do it’s an attempt to display that your more Intellectual, thus in a way saying your better then someone, some think that this is an attempt to deflect the argument in topic, some even believe that it is an attempt to knock others down as they have low self esteem, seeking approval from others.
Luckily your not so that’s ok,

If you say so. Well, I think that's what you said.

Not really, As if you do it’s an attempt to display that your more Intellectual, thus in a way saying your better then someone, some think that this is an attempt to deflect the argument in topic, some even believe that it is an attempt to knock others down as they have low self esteem, seeking approval from others.
Luckily your not so that’s ok,

A good response.

However, you might want to pay a little more attention to your elided use of the present tense in the second person of verbs. The lazy reader might take your stylised contraction of 'you are' to be a possessive pronoun.

Further, your reliance on the comma to provide pauses in your first sentence may militate against clear comprehension of your intended meaning. Consider making more use of the semi-colon and perhaps a full stop..

Take care when using capital letters where they are unnecessary. Doing so can add unintended emphasis to a word or phrase.

Similarly, I find double spacing of paragraphs a helpful aid to comprehension, although there is a danger that too much of this will fill the Internet before we've invented its replacement.

Also, do make sure you avoid posts that seek to offer grammatical advice but are in reality just a lot of old bollocks.

I hope I have helped but fear I have not.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
A good response.

However, you might want to pay a little more attention to your elided use of the present tense in the second person of verbs. The lazy reader might take your stylised contraction of 'you are' to be a possessive pronoun.

Further, your reliance on the comma to provide pauses in your first sentence may militate against clear comprehension of your intended meaning. Consider making more use of the semi-colon and perhaps a full stop..

Take care when using capital letters where they are unnecessary. Doing so can add unintended emphasis to a word or phrase.

Similarly, I find double spacing of paragraphs a helpful aid to comprehension, although there is a danger that too much of this will fill the Internet before we've invented its replacement.

Also, do make sure you avoid posts that seek to offer grammatical advice but are in reality just a lot of old bollocks.

No, I'm no good at English and never will, However I thank you for trying to help.

Also I don’t believe that bringing up Grammar and Spelling in a argument has its place,

It’s simular to this.....imagine being in court.

"Yes, I did murder that person, but I’m afraid you did pronounce that word correctly when you tried to sentence me, so I must walk free! Muahhh haaa haaa!!” (Evil Laugh)

400bhp

Guru
No, I'm no good at English and never will, However I thank you for trying to help.

Also I don’t believe that bringing up Grammar and Spelling in a argument has its place,

It’s simular to this.....imagine being in court.

"Yes, I did murder that person, but I’m afraid you did pronounce that word correctly when you tried to sentence me, so I must walk free! Muahhh haaa haaa!!” (Evil Laugh)

Or, imagine being in court and the barristers couldn't get their point across in a clear manner.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Yeah imagine someone who couldn't spell because of stupidity.

Listen up 440bhp you big Vice President,

You're not necessarily uneducated if you don't spell or use grammar properly. Some people are very smart, but are lacking in their ability to write. You can see this characteristic in many analytical and math-based thinkers. e.g. engineers that can recite Calc 3 from the textbook, but I could beat a 12 year old at a spelling bee.

400bhp

Guru
See-much better:thumbsup:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I couldn't imagine peddling dare i say a shopping bike?:whistle:
You haven't met my Boris: he is a big boy! ^_^
Actually the paper bike is really light compared to a standard hybrid. I've lifted it with one hand at a bike show, could not do that with Boris!
At £ 900, I'll carry on dreaming about .... my dream bike :sad:

Ajay

Veteran
A good response.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT576wzvKyVs0FuFjw73mGJkFHe5i7uheAZrq4tIg9ZDcEP6scjOw.jpg

Top Bottom