Mudguards like them dislike them useful or unnecessary?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
It amazes me that "fashion" can sell people the idea that it is undesirable to ride a bike that is fitted with mudguards (or even frames that can't take mudguards for no other reason than fashion).

They keep me clean, they keep the bike clean, the major components on the bike will last longer. Unless you are actually racing, I can't think of a reason not to have them and I would simply never even consider buying a frame which doesn't have room for mudguards.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
http://ass-savers.com/

Incidentally the Brooks compatible version is in process and will be available later this year (per email from Staffan Weigel)

I might get one in "Crazy Black". Totally nuts, man.

I always used Crudguards on my mtn bike but never really thought the front one did much, until I hired a few bikes without and found my face covered in mud. I revised my opinion after that.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I always used Crudguards on my mtn bike but never really thought the front one did much, until I hired a few bikes without and found my face covered in mud. I revised my opinion after that.

What you want is a Neoguard:

p1040519.jpg

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
I wouldnt think its "Fashion" for not to wear mub guards, ive never saw models walk down the cat walk with a bike on their back without mud guards, cyclists are deffently not cool, lycra and helmets, i know I look a complete tit, I just want my bike with the least amount of crap added onto it, I clean my bike when I get home.

It amazes me that "fashion" can sell people the idea that it is undesirable to ride a bike that is fitted with mudguards (or even frames that can't take mudguards for no other reason than fashion).

They keep me clean, they keep the bike clean, the major components on the bike will last longer. Unless you are actually racing, I can't think of a reason not to have them and I would simply never even consider buying a frame which doesn't have room for mudguards.

I am terribly unfashionable in almost every aspect of my appearance, but I eschew mudguards on all my bicycles. I'm not sure it's a fashion thing.

I have ridden off-road with both a rear crud catcher and a thingy under the downtube, but I found that neither offered as much protection as it promised. My MTBs are now as naked as my geared and fixed road bikes.

I wear eye protection and I generally keep my bicycles cleanish. I don't race or even look as if I might race.

Despite being several kilos overweight, I go without on the basis of saved weight. Just because the argument isn't fashin-based doesn't mean it has to make sense.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Does that work then, imagines where face is in comparison, it would wouldn't it, neat.

It does. And unlike Crudguards it doesn't look shoot. You can even get one with evil eyes on it, but that might be a bit much. They do several sizes, so check it's the right one for whatever fork you have.

400bhp

Guru
I wouldnt think its "Fashion" for not to wear mub guards, ive never saw models walk down the cat walk with a bike on their back without mud guards, cyclists are deffently not cool, lycra and helmets, i know I look a complete tit, I just want my bike with the least amount of crap added onto it, I clean my bike when I get home.

Is it fashionable to omit punctuation and grammar? :whistle:

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Is it fashionable to omit punctuation and grammar? :whistle:

Not really, As if you do it’s an attempt to display that your more Intellectual, thus in a way saying your better then someone, some think that this is an attempt to deflect the argument in topic, some even believe that it is an attempt to knock others down as they have low self esteem, seeking approval from others.
Luckily your not so that’s ok,

Top Bottom