Mudguards to fit disc brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

citybabe

Keep Calm and OMG.......CAKES!!
Just picked picked up a Specialized Sirrus disc bike for the work commute.
What mudguards will fit around the disc brakes please?
The tyres are 32mm

vickster

Legendary Member
Blumels? I'd let the LBS sort, let them have the pain!

Look for anything with a single stay as they are the best bet in been able to avoid bending round the calipers altogether.

If you want double stays then bending the stay or the use of a long bolt with washers/spacers Will be required. If you check out the Genesis bikes website there are some pictures of how they did it.

gaijintendo

Veteran
I had problems with Bluemels on my bike because the plastic front bit (I think it was for releasing when the was a debris jam) got in the way of my callipers, and you obviously can't bend the plastic bit.
I went with SKS race blade XLs, but I am considering going fixed to reduce occasional rubs and clatters. I may go down the route vickster suggested.

Last edited:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I went down the long bolt and washers (actually a campagnolo deep brake bridge nut I had lying about) on my Pompetamine. Looks ok. Functions fine. But now I bend the stays. If you enter disc brake mudguard into your fave search engine and select images you'll find the variations well illustrated.

Last edited:

barachus

I fitted SKS blummels on my sirrus disc a few weeks ago
yeah, i had to bend the stays on the front, it wasnt that hard to fit, cutting the stays was the only fiddly bit, i wish i had a bolt cutter and not a tiny hacksaw

Top Bottom