Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I saw one this lunchtime sauntering down a side street off Blackfriars and I just saw my fecund sox outside the flat.

It was starting to get a tad murky out this way on my way back from Tesco.

Good YS hunting to be had tonight. :dance: Got loads of lovely fruit & veg - nice after all the naughty stuff I ate over the hols. I see a big pot of vegetable curry on the horizon. :hungry:

Oh c**k, I forgot to buy a packet of lentils as I used the last ones up the other day. :banghead: And it was on my blasted shopping list as well. :blush: Ah well, I have a large pack of dried haricot beans in the cupboard. They'll do at a pinch, I suppose.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
IMG_0598.JPG
Super bit of adapting and overcoming Sir ..nice
I loused up. It runs down the scaffold pole just fine but I got the hoist mounting geometry all wrong. I had assumed that the pivot point for the whole caboodle would be where the top bearings touch the scaffold tube. It isn't, it's the centre of the tube itself because the bearings/tube act like a trunnion. None of this would matter if the wire rope of the hoist was on the hoist centre line, but it isn't. It's offset by about 35mm.

Nothing that a piece of tracing paper and a pencil and compass can't fix.

Morning.Oooh! It's fosty and froggy out there.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It was starting to get a tad murky out this way on my way back from Tesco.

Good YS hunting to be had tonight. :dance: Got loads of lovely fruit & veg - nice after all the naughty stuff I ate over the hols. I see a big pot of vegetable curry on the horizon. :hungry:

Oh c**k, I forgot to buy a packet of lentils as I used the last ones up the other day. :banghead: And it was on my blasted shopping list as well. :blush: Ah well, I have a large pack of dried haricot beans in the cupboard. They'll do at a pinch, I suppose.
Yellow split peas make a lovely Dhal.

D

Deleted member 1258

I've been dashing away with a smoothing iron, all the stuff my Good Lady gave me the day before yesterday when I visited her in hospital has been washed and ironed ready for me to take back today. But I have a decision to make, I'm still mildly lurgyfied but I'm due to cycle out to meet friends this morning, so do I cycle or do I drive, or do I just stay at home?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom