Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
View attachment 407279

A 1.4 kg piston crown.
View attachment 407280

This was the damaged one in a set of 6, looks like a ring broke or the engine 'ingested' summat.

For a moment, I thought that was an ashtray I have in the house (not that I smoke anymore) that was given to me by a very dear and sadly missed friend

Made from a piston crown of an aircraft engine, with an RAF insignia and RAF Heany 1952 written on it.

Last edited:

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
:sun: here, it's been a fabby day though the wind is a wee bit chilly.

Fettled the mower this morning and put the battery on the charger. Have done a bunch of weeding this arvo (need to see where I plan on mowing so's I don't run over any of the strawberry plants) and I've got a bread on the go. In a little while, I'm going to immerse myself in cup and cone bearings. I've found an old flat spanner that will do as a temporary cone spanner until I can get some proper ones.

At least I don't need to cook tonight as I have chicken casserole, veggies and rice left over from yesterday. And there might be a chocolate mousse for afters. :hungry:
I read that last bit as chocolate mouse...cool for cats!;)

potsy

Rambler
New grass trimmer has arrived, summer is coming tomorrow.

I am running out of excuses not to do the gardening :whistle:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Back from the opticians after my annual contact lens check up (plus usual 2 yearly eye exam)

Seems I would benefit from varifocals in my glasses, does this mean I'm now an old fart like hill wimp and reg? :cry:
Yay welcome to the varifocal club. I have recently had new glasses too.

For a moment, I thought that was an ashtray I have in the house (not that I smoke anymore) that was given to me by a very dear and sadly missed friend

Made from a piston crown of an aircraft engine, with an RAF insignia and RAF Heany 1952 written on it.

Neat. IIRC, when they were prepping the Vulcan to fly to bomb the runway at Stanley, one of the pertinent parts was in fact stashed in the officers' mess moonlighting as an ashtray. :ohmy:

Top Bottom