Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Right, it's the mower battery that's gone t**s up. My ancient charger was rather unreliable (and the display is broken) so was wondering if it'd finally given up the ghost. Went to screwfix and got a new one. After 5 mins charging, it says fully charged, which certainly isn't right. Guess the leak down the side was terminal. Off to Ernest Doe in the morning to get a replacement.

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Oh man, that's a serious piece of kit! :ohmy:

Mine is from a rootes group 1725 power plant. :blush:
As far as I'm aware the engine my ashtray came from is known as the Gardner 120 (120mm bore)

View: https://youtu.be/EY2pZ9A48ng

It fires eventually

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Ah... Linux. It doesn't fail me too often, but when it does, it's a nuisance putting things right. I've had the same Linux installation on my main desktop PC at home for 1.5 years now, and it's mostly OK.

I just ran Linux update, which included a new kernel version. Then the reboot I did after that failed, telling me one of my partitions had filesystem corruption. I had to run the fsck utility in manual mode, and fix each error in turn. Then after the normal reboot following that, my 2nd monitor wasn't detected by Linux. Fortunately, I'd seen that one before, and I simply rebooted again, and now all is normal again, with my Linux desktop spanning the 2 monitors.

Of course, I didn't break PC Rule #1, which is to do a data backup before anything like a major software update (especially one with a new kernel version in it), so I would have been able to restore my data if all had gone pear-shaped.

Last edited:

potsy

Rambler
The sun is shining,yet there are weirdos walking around with long pants on! What's up with them?
Lots of weirdos walk round with shorts on all year round ^_^

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Ah... Linux. It doesn't fail me too often, but when it does, it's a nuisance putting things right. I've had the same Linux installation on my main desktop PC at home for 1.5 years now, and it's mostly OK.

I just ran Linux update, which included a new kernel version. Then the reboot I did after that failed, telling me one of my partitions had filesystem corruption. I had to run the fsck utility in manual mode, and fix each error in turn. Then after the normal reboot following that, my 2nd monitor wasn't detected by Linux. Fortunately, I'd seen that one before, and I simply rebooted again, and now all is normal again, with my Linux desktop spanning the 2 monitors.

Of course, I didn't break PC Rule #1, which is to do a data backup before anything like a major software update (especially one with a new kernel version in it), so I would have been able to restore my data if all had gone pear-shaped.

What video card do you use? I've got a PC with a Nvidea that Linux doesn't like.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
What video card do you use? I've got a PC with a Nvidea that Linux doesn't like.
It's not a frequent problem, in fact it only seems to occur when I have to bootup in recovery mode, then reboot in normal mode. So 99% of the time, Linux handles my 2 monitors perfectly well. It's Linux Mint 18, by the way.

Top Bottom