Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Morning. I'm a bit more with it this morning and I didn't pull the emergency cord. :ohmy:

In the evening we went down to watch the night flying and listen to a U2 tribute band before the evening fireworks. It is amazing the feeling you get from looking up at the fireworks as they burst, it is like you are being drawn into them, like zooming in on a lens.
We plan to see the classic cars this morning.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I haz a working bike with an engine again (Honda has been at the menders again for a few weeks, electrical gremlin- a different one from the one that plagued me for months- but hopefully fixed this week). Insurance money for the Yamaha came through last week, and when I'd paid the cheque (yes, a cheque, is it the 1990s?) in I'd popped in to the garage to see what news there was. And there, just in stock, was one of these....
View attachment 427948
2013 model, low mileage (6300- not as low as the YBR-2300- but not half bad), decent nick, decent price. So I've bought it. Looking forward to getting home in somewhat quicker time on Monday night. I've been cycling back, because Litespeed is faster door to door than the train thanks to awkward timetable- fifty minute wait for the next service- but it'll be good to go back to cycling for fun!
I know the thick end of nothing about motorbikes, but my neighbour has a pimped Yamaha R1 that I've mistaken for thunder in the past when he's started it up. Give it another month or two and you'll be breakfasting at Loomies.;)

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
On my cycling 20 to 30 and sometimes beyond that laps around my local park i've struck up a rapport with a runner. He just happens to be my footy team's ex captain who has one of the houses surrounding the park. He was the captain when Accrington won the conference to rejoin the football league 12 years ago. Well,when i say rapport he smiles and nods at me and i kind of put my hand up to acknowledge him and smile back. Next i'm going to ask if i can leave my cycling jacket behind his wall if it gets too warm.

Is that mundane enough for you? If not here's a story of some hens being stolen in Rishton Lancs. http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/16617293.appeal-10-hens-are-stolen-from-rishton-allotment/

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
Washed the house windows, inside and out this morning.
Assisted in veg preparation.
Played several levels of Homescapes on the tablet in a fit of laziness.
Took some ibrufen before I start to seize up.
Waiting for the 2 and 4 year old terrorist grandkids to arrive :laugh:
Sunday dinner is beef for 5 adults and 2 grandkids.
In approximately 1 hour, the house will look like a bombs hit ...bring it on ^_^.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I have received my usual birthday message from my brother-in law, about the baseball season. We always give each other a hard time about the league standings. His team is first in National League Central, but mine is second.

Top Bottom