Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had my flu shot, yesterday. I also made supper, a meatloaf, potato, and an acorn squash.

I thought only squirrels and bears eat acorns?

perplexed

Guru
I get wobbly and can't concentrate. If I sit down I fall asleep which is embarassing, especially when I start snoring.

Rather more annoying I've noticed I frequently get migranes when I don't eat enough.

Yesterday my colleague slipped my my first ever can of Red Bull, just before a meeting, on the basis it was that or nudge me every three minutes.

Foul stuff, but it kept me awake.

My entire lifetime consumption of Red Bull is one can. I bought it from a petrol station about 15 years ago at about 0330 on a night shift. It kept me awake, but only because of its vile taste. Revolting stuff... xx(

Car all sorted and have a nice shiny new MOT certificate for the next year. No advisories either - not bad for a 52 plate.

Will be making grape jelly this afternoon (from my own grapes) and a big pot of stock for soup, as I picked up a bacon knuckle on YS in Tesco on Tuesday. Will add carrot, celery, onion, a bouquet garni. Then I can use the meat for sandwiches, and there's curried parsnip soup on the horizon. :hungry:

Might go for a short bimble on the bike if I've got time. Want to check up on some walnut trees. :blush:

perplexed

Guru
I've just plotted my walk to the shop, then the garden centre and back.

It was 7.17 miles. I perspired because it is warmer than I thought when I set out. I sat down half way to eat a pasty.

To complete this nail-biting tale, I am pleased to inform you that I have re-potted the dragon tree into a 12 inch diameter pot, and the pot it came out of has been recycled to pot on an umberella plant.

Both are encased in white ceramic outer pots.

D

Deleted member 1258

Car all sorted and have a nice shiny new MOT certificate for the next year. No advisories either - not bad for a 52 plate.

Will be making grape jelly this afternoon (from my own grapes) and a big pot of stock for soup, as I picked up a bacon knuckle on YS in Tesco on Tuesday. Will add carrot, celery, onion, a bouquet garni. Then I can use the meat for sandwiches, and there's curried parsnip soup on the horizon. :hungry:

Might go for a short bimble on the bike if I've got time. Want to check up on some walnut trees. :blush:

Mine passed as well, and the service didn't find any nasties.

D

Deleted member 1258

I just got back home from a hospital, having had my 2-yearly gastroscopy (I have Barrett's oesophagus, unfortunately). The nurses and doctors there confirm what I already knew: that my general cycling fitness, plus an entire month of cycling up climbs in the Pyrénées, has left me ridiculously fit. My blood pressure measured 119/65 and my resting heart rate is in the 40s apparently. :dance:

Thats a superb effort, well done.

Top Bottom