Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skanker

Had the woodburner lit yesterday, not a big fire just on long enough to warm the chimbly up and dry it out before I sweep it in readiness for t'winter. Now I've got to take the stove apart to get the brush up there hopefully without breaking any of the 'firebricks' which are very fragile (and about £30 each to replace)
Wilkos sells firebricks cheap if you break any, perfect for a temp fix. I got a few the other week as backups because guaranteed I’ll break one when it’s pi**ing with rain.

Had the woodburner lit yesterday, not a big fire just on long enough to warm the chimbly up and dry it out before I sweep it in readiness for t'winter. Now I've got to take the stove apart to get the brush up there hopefully without breaking any of the 'firebricks' which are very fragile (and about £30 each to replace)

The apartment owner sends a chimney sweep (which is a well respected and paid job here) twice a year. They don't just clean the chimney but check for pollution, advise on heating and fire prevention and half a dozen other things. Also, they generally don't climb in the chimney but use acces pannels at each level to drop the brush down and collect it in the cellar.

They do however, generally wear the uniform with all the trimmings, and last time to Beautiful Daughters delight, the person coming was a lady. Not only that she took the time to explain what she was doing, which for a four year old was the highlight of the week...

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Wilkos sells firebricks cheap if you break any, perfect for a temp fix. I got a few the other week as backups because guaranteed I’ll break one when it’s pi**ing with rain.
Very good except they won't fit my stove, it's a Franco-Belge Montfort Mk11 and has quite complex internal venting and baffle plates to achieve DEFRA 'Exempt Appliance' certification, it is a fantastic stove though.

Skanker

Very good except they won't fit my stove, it's a Franco-Belge Montfort Mk11 and has quite complex internal venting and baffle plates to achieve DEFRA 'Exempt Appliance' certification, it is a fantastic stove though.

View attachment 489058
Yeah that’s a really nice stove. I had to go a lot smaller than that as I don’t have the room space for the heat one of those kick out. I have a 3kw outbacker range, not too much heat for the boat but I can still bung a pizza in the oven, lol

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Busy Monday on the bird feeder this morning..
4 Goldfinches, too many Great Tits to count as they flit hither and thither, 2 Blue Tits, a Robin & the inevitable Pigeons and Starlings behaving badly.
My kibbled nuts and sunflower hearts are proving quite popular.

D

Deleted member 26715

IT guy arrived :sad:

Top Bottom