Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
In other news, I'm going to have a shower soon.

I also need to pack my bags for an interview in Tübingen tomorrow.
Wishing you luck?

(Not for the shower of course ... unless needed there too)

Managed to get a whole bunch of errands sorted out in town this morning. Picked up a few sundries in Wilkinsons and Savers, popped to the vet as they'd sent me a reminder about the girls' boosters - which they actually had last week, had a quick whizz around the market, then tootled off to Tesco for a small top-up shop, as I'm not allowed to do a full on shop / yellow sticker hunt until I've made a considerably bigger dent in the Xmas deli, cheese and assorted other comestibles than I have so far...

That kind of went out of the window, as in the dry / damaged goods clearance bin, they had a job lot of expensive pet stuff on a really good clearance. So I bought 3kg of cat biscuits, four packs of pouches and three packs of dog chews - the latter will go down well with a friend's miniature schnauzers. And for myself, I bagged four large packs of rice noodles and a selection of Pukka herbal teas. Among the other stuff, I snaffled a large piece of very ripe dolcelatte cheese on YS (I know, I really should NOT be buying more cheese, but I love dolcelatte), plus limes and oranges, also on sticker.

I guess I'll be making marmalade... :laugh:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Happy birthday.
Now how do I get back from here ?

postman

Legendary Member
Mundane news update.Many people in our area of Meanwood Leeds 6 are fed up of Virgin .There is a right uproar about the outage some are calling it.Some have demanded a payment for loss of service,help centre staff have been less than helpful say some posters.
Well in a few weeks Mr and Mrs Postman are going to leave Virgin we have been with them decades,and never once do you get an offer of a loyalty reduction.
Mrs P has been in to Leeds and has come up with this solution.New smart telly,Freeview box and a Freeview aerial.Seperate TalkTalk broadband and phone line.Once we buy the telly the box and aerial no more contracts and a saving of around £60 a month.
I have been hankering about this for a couple of years,so an accident outside of Virgin's control and of mine has forced the issue,they just take take take,for bad progs and hours of commercials.
Rant over and now calm.

Old jon

Guru
There's an early model ford Cortina around here that has a full sized skeleton strapped in the back seat. Wearing a Fedora.

I'm assuming it's a medical model skeleton, rather than a real one.

Hmm, saw this Mini driver . . .

IMG_1002.JPG

Top Bottom