Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So THAT's what a train looks like

We've had Transport for Wales for so long, i'd forgotten :whistle:

Look on the bright side, Wales is going to get some of the all not particularly new Class 230 trains. Which were built as London Underground trains and are 40 years old, but some will now be refurbished and sent to work in North Wales, because refurbishing trains designed to work on the London Underground to work in rural Wales is far more logical then refurbishing them and using them in London.

The state government has broken my system...

I'm off to an interview on Tuesday in Rottweil, on the Edge of the Black Forest: my plan was to cycle to the edge of Stuttgart, catch the intercity train to Rottweil, cycle to my interview and back, then catch the train to the edge of Stuttgart again, and cycle across to our apartment. This I thought, would save lots of money and increase the smug green glow.

Except that the tickets now include a "city ticket" at both ends, which are valid on all public transport in Stuttgart and Rottweil for the whole day. This is great, except that I didn't notice until after I'd paid an extra 10€ for a bike ticket...

Still, this way I don't have to go into central Stuttgart, and I have the option of taking the tram part of the way if it's raining, so I reckon I'm still ahead.

Bonus slightly random image of the commuter bike on a train:

2019_07_08_lc3b6rrach_03.jpg

Last edited:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Apparently the telephone line has been cut or broken down the road, they need to get traffic management in place, tree cutters and a cherry picker to get phone and broadband back on. It’s not going to happen anytime soon.

Busy bee Reynard today.

Off into town as it's market day. Market was a bit of a washout thanks to the rain coming down in stair rods, but the stall with herbs, spices and condiments was there, so I *did* manage to buy the giant bottle of sweet chilli sauce I was after. Tesco only sells microscopic bottles, and at the rate I go through chilli sauce... :whistle:

After that, it was off to Tesco to pick up a few bits and bobs - milk, butter, yoghurt, breakfast items, a bit of fruit & veg (mostly on sticker) and some sugar. Had luck in the green bins (dry / damaged goods) and picked up a load of cat treats and a bag of wholemeal spelt flour. Plus I used a gift voucher and some clubcard vouchers to buy a new toaster. Managed to find a two slice one with extra large slots, which is what I was looking for.

I did show admirable restraint to NOT buy the four boxes of Seville oranges that were on YS, despite the fact that £1.30 a kilo is *very* cheap for Seville oranges. :angel:

Came home, had a late lunch, then prepped all the bits I need for supper. Spinach, walnut and ricotta cannelloni chez Casa Reynard tonight. :hungry:

Top Bottom