Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Are you sure that's wise?
You'd be FAR better off with a proper Mini. :whistle: (Not the excrescence that is currently being sold under the Mini name)
I've never been wise when it comes to cars, I've had Mini's hate them with a passion, cannot stand driving the boat anchor of an engine. My buggy started off with an A series, but it now runs a lovely injected K series. I've had 3 Beetles in the past but never had 1 on the road, something has always come along to make me sell them before I got them onto it.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Hello fellow Mundanites!:okay: This should be suitably Mundane...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ShILecSrZA

Yes, it definitely stopped!

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Depends on what varieties you bought, and whether you've got the right pollinators in the area.

0c5bd674-fa50-4a95-9983-0a73599b72d8.jpg

Basically one of each. Discovery, Golden Delicious, Jonagold & Cox's Orange Pippin

One of the folks that lives around the corner has had great success with Discovery or Golden Delicious and he makes some delicious apple pies.

'Giant' buckets are a little small, but its only temporary.

I guess i should read up on how to make your own cider.

--

I also like to note - Thanks to our Lavender plants that dominated our front yard. we regularly have a swarms of bees. So pollination shouldnt be a huge problem

Last edited:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
A very close relative of mine died today. She was almost 93 years old. :sad:
I'm sorry to hear this. Condolences for your loss.:sad:

classic33

Leg End Member
I've never been wise when it comes to cars, I've had Mini's hate them with a passion, cannot stand driving the boat anchor of an engine. My buggy started off with an A series, but it now runs a lovely injected K series. I've had 3 Beetles in the past but never had 1 on the road, something has always come along to make me sell them before I got them onto it.

I would hardly say that the engine in mine is a boat anchor... :whistle:

View attachment 504452

Basically one of each. Discovery, Golden Delicious, Jonagold & Cox's Orange Pippin

I also like to note - Thanks to our Lavender plants that dominated our front yard. we regularly have a swarms of bees. So pollination shouldnt be a huge problem

I have had all four of those varieties in my orchard. Discovery is an early, the other three are mid-season apples. I now only have Jonagold, James Grieve, Granny Smith and Bramley now.

Discovery and Cox are in the same pollination group - B, while Golden Delicious is in group C and Jonagold is in group CT. (A is the earliest to flower and D the latest.)

The T stands for triploid, which means that Jonagold needs two other varieties for pollination. Golden Delicious, as a parent of Jonagold, will not pollinate it. So expect your Jonagold to be unreliable unless there are crab apple trees in the area. Crab apples are really good general pollinators.

Top Bottom