Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Went yellow stickering in Tesco - usual Saturday night gang all present and correct. Outside of the counters, there wasn't much to be had - all I picked up elsewhere was baby sweetcorn, sugar snap peas, salad onions, a mango, a punnet each of raspberries and strawberries and a pack of croissants.

There was a bit of a scrum for the meat off the counters, less so for the fish, but I think everyone ended up being happy with what they got. I picked up chipolatas, a beef roasting joint and the piece de resistance - a whole side of salmon. :girldance:

My little cat....... Now 18 weeks? Has THE smelliest poo's. She also is quite incapable of even half burying them in the litter tray!

On the nicer side of things, I've just eaten a packet of chocolate biscuits and don't feel at all guilty!

Stinky output can sometimes be down to the food. What are you feeding her?

Lexi never covers her leavings in the tray. It annoys the hell out of Poppy, who will go to the tray that Lexi has stepped out of, and cover it. Poppy though, is an enthusiastic digger / cover-up-er, so yes, when Poppy has finished, it's then my turn with the dustpan and brush! :laugh:

FYI, unburied leavings is the cat way of saying "this is my territory" - usually the preserve of unneutered males (feck, that reeks) and less frequently, unneutered females. Neuters will not bury their deposits if they need reassuring about their surroundings. I'm genuinely not surprised Lexi leaves her output uncovered, as she was one of 42 cats we (Ely CP) removed from one house. I guess Madam likes to proclaim that she has space to claim as her own.

A :cuppa: would be rather nice.

Time to put Breville's finest on.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Stinky output can sometimes be down to the food. What are you feeding her?

Lexi never covers her leavings in the tray. It annoys the hell out of Poppy, who will go to the tray that Lexi has stepped out of, and cover it. Poppy though, is an enthusiastic digger / cover-up-er, so yes, when Poppy has finished, it's then my turn with the dustpan and brush! :laugh:

FYI, unburied leavings is the cat way of saying "this is my territory" - usually the preserve of unneutered males (feck, that reeks) and less frequently, unneutered females. Neuters will not bury their deposits if they need reassuring about their surroundings. I'm genuinely not surprised Lexi leaves her output uncovered, as she was one of 42 cats we (Ely CP) removed from one house. I guess Madam likes to proclaim that she has space to claim as her own.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukiD7YyCK9g

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
By the way, when I got to the seller of the mountain bike, we found the bike had a stuck seat post. I don't think there is any job less elegant in bikedom than a 60 year old and a 70 year old trying to free a stuck seatpost, as we each have our disabilities as well. After about an hour of looking like a Monty Python skit, we got the post to budge. My policy is, If we can budge it, I will buy it. When I got it home, I got the post removed fully. I rode it around a couple of sections. It will be a fine bike for the trails, off road.

Top Bottom